Sturm-Liouville operators with measure-valued coefficients
- 202 Downloads
We give a comprehensive treatment of Sturm-Liouville operators whose coefficients are measures, including a full discussion of self-adjoint extensions and boundary conditions, resolvents, and Weyl-Titchmarsh-Kodaira theory. We avoid previous technical restrictions and, at the same time, extend all results to a larger class of operators. Our operators include classical Sturm-Liouville operators, Sturm-Liouville operators with (local and non-local) δ and δ′ interactions or transmission conditions as well as eigenparameter dependent boundary conditions, Krein string operators, Lax operators arising in the treatment of the Camassa-Holm equation, Jacobi operators, and Sturm-Liouville operators on time scales as special cases.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Albeverio and P. Kurasov, Singular Perturbations of Differential Operators, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 2001.Google Scholar
- J. F. Brasche and L. Nizhnik, One-dimensional Schrödinger operators with δ′-interactions on a set of Lebesgue measure zero, Oper. Matrices, to appear. arXiv:1112.2545 [math. FA].Google Scholar
- E. A. Coddington, Extension theory of formally normal and symmetric subspaces, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 134 (1973).Google Scholar
- J. Eckhardt, A. Kostenko, M. Malamud, and G. Teschl, One-dimensional Schrödinger operators with δ′-interactions on Cantor-type sets, in preparation.Google Scholar
- I. S. Kac, The existence of spectral functions of generalized second order differential systems with boundary conditions at the singular end, Amer. Math. Soc. transl.(2) 62 (1967), 204–262.Google Scholar
- A. Kostenko, A. Sakhnovich and G. Teschl, Weyl-Titchmarsh theory for Schrödinger operators with strongly singular potentials, Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2012, 1699–1747.Google Scholar
- H. Langer, Zur Spektraltheorie verallgemeinerter gewöhnlicher Differentialoperatoren zweiter Ordnung mit einer nichtmonotonen Gewichtsfunktion, Ber. Uni. Jyväskylä Math. Inst. Ber. 14 (1972).Google Scholar
- A. I. Markushevich, Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable, 2nd ed., Chelsea, New York, 1985.Google Scholar
- A. M. Savchuk and A. A. Shkalikov, Sturm-Liouville operators with distribution potentials, Trans. Moscow Math. Soc. 2003, 143–192.Google Scholar
- G. Teschl, Mathematical Methods in Quantum Mechanics: With Applications to Schrödinger Operators, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2009.Google Scholar
- A. A. Vladimirov and I. A. Sheĭpak, The indefinite Sturm-Liouville problem for some classes of self-similar singular weights, Proc. Steklov Inst. Math. 2006 no. 4 (255), 82–91.Google Scholar
- H. Volkmer, Eigenvalue problems of Atkinson, Feller and Krein, and their mutual relationship, Electron. J. Differential Equations 2005, No. 48, 15pp.Google Scholar