Local well-posedness for the Zakharov system on the multidimensional torus
The initial value problem of the Zakharov system on the two dimensional torus with general period is shown to be locally well posed in the Sobolev spaces of optimal regularity, including the energy space. Unlike the one dimensional case studied by Takaoka , the optimal regularity does not depend on the period of torus. The proof relies on a standard iteration argument using the Bourgain norms. The same strategy is also applicable to three and higher dimensional cases.
KeywordsHigh Dimensional Case Optimal Regularity Bilinear Estimate Zakharov Equation ZAKHAROV System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Bourgain, Refinements of Strichartz’ inequality and applications to 2D-NLS with critical nonlinearity, Internat. Math. Res. Notices 1998, 253–283.Google Scholar
- J. Bourgain, On Strichartz’s inequalities and the nonlinear Schrödinger equation on irrational tori, Mathematical Aspects of Nonlinear Dispersive Equations, Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, NJ, 2007, pp. 1–20.Google Scholar
- J. Bourgain and J. Colliander, On wellposedness of the Zakharov system, Internat. Math. Res. Notices 1996, 515–546.Google Scholar
- J. Holmer, Local ill-posedness of the 1D Zakharov system, Electron. J. Differential Equations 2007, No. 24.Google Scholar
- N. Kishimoto and M. Maeda, Construction of blow-up solutions for Zakharov system on T, Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré Anal. Non Linéaire, to appear.Google Scholar
- V. E. Zakharov, Collapse of Langmuir waves, Sov. Phys. JETP 35 (1972), 908–914.Google Scholar