Preparation and Properties of Pseudo-boehmite Obtained from High-Alumina Fly Ash by a Sintering–CO2 Decomposition Process
- 86 Downloads
A sintering–CO2 decomposition process for preparation of pseudo-boehmite is proposed for clean valorization of high-alumina fly ash. The effects of different synthesis conditions on the crystal structure and textual properties of the pseudo-boehmite were studied systematically. The results showed that the main product was NaAlCO3(OH)2 when the decomposition terminal pH was below 9.5, and the optimal terminal pH for the pseudo-boehmite (PB) product was 10.5. The optimal aging time was 4 h, and the peptization ratio of PB reached 97.5% when the aging temperature was 90°C. Under decomposition conditions of 30 g/L initial alumina concentration in liquid phase and temperature of 40°C, followed by 4 h of aging treatment, the specific surface area of PB was 425 m2/g. The pore volume of PB product reached 0.6920 cm3/g at decomposition conditions of 40 g/L and 30°C.
This research was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51874078, U1710257, and U1202274), Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (Nos. N140203005 and N140204015), Science and Technology Research Projects of Liaoning Education Department (No. L2014096), and State Key Laboratory of Pressure Hydrometallurgical Technology of Associated Nonferrous Metal Resources (YY2016006).
- 6.T.A. Zhang, W.X. Zhu, and G.Z. Lu, Aluminum metallurgy technology (Beijing: Science Press, 2014), p. 5. (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 14.S.W. Bi and H.Y. Yu, Alumina Production Process (Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 2006), p. 2. (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 15.Z. Yang, J. Sun, Z. Zhang, J. Ye, and R. Miao, Chin. J Environ. Eng. 8, 3989 (2014).Google Scholar
- 20.F.B. Kasumov, Kinet. Katal. 33, 374 (1992).Google Scholar
- 23.K. Wefers and C. Misra, Alcoa Laboratories, 1 (1987).Google Scholar
- 25.X.Q. Zhang, T.A. Zhang, W. Feng, S.Y. Yan, J.M. Sun, G.Z. Lv, and H.B. Yang, TMS Light Metals, 147 (2015).Google Scholar
- 26.Y.H. Wu, X.B. Fang, J.L. Qian, C.Q. Pan, and Z.N. Liu, Modern Chem. Ind., s1, 176 (2003). (In Chinese).Google Scholar