Extraction Separation of Sc(III) and Fe(III) from a Strongly Acidic and Highly Concentrated Ferric Solution by D2EHPA/TBP
- 51 Downloads
The solvent extraction and separation process of Sc(III) and Fe(III) from a strongly acidic and highly concentrated ferric solution using mixtures of di(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate (D2EHPA) and tri-n-butyl phosphate (TBP) in sulfonated kerosene was studied. The effects of various parameters, including D2EHPA concentration, dosage of TBP, and phase ratio, were investigated for the extraction process. The results indicated that the extraction rate of Sc(III) was 99.72% with 1.09% Fe(III) co-extracted after two stages of counter-current extraction under optimal conditions. Moreover, saturation capacity and slope analysis were used to determine the reaction mechanism. Sc(III) is extracted in the form of HSc(SO4)2·4HL. Further separation of Sc(III) and Fe(III) was realized in a scrubbing and stripping process. First, 98.67% of the co-extracted iron in the loaded organic phase was scrubbed with a dilute HCl solution by a three-stage counter-current scrubbing. Then, 85.00% of Sc(III) can be stripped efficiently with a 2-mol/L NaOH solution saturated in 1-mol/L NaCl by three-stage cross-current stripping.
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51504059), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. N162504016), the Fund of Liaoning S&T Project (20180551008), and the Open Fund of Key Laboratory for Ferrous Metallurgy and Resources Utilization of Ministry of Education (No. FMRUlab18-4).
- 6.H. Xu and M. Fu, Multipurp. Util. Min. Res. 4, 34 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.T.A. Zhang, G.Z. Lv, Y. Liu, G.Q. Zhang, Z.L. Liu, Z.H. Dou, and Q.Y. Zhao, CN Patent, 104178632 B (2016).Google Scholar
- 13.Z.G. Deng, C. Wei, M.T. Li, G. Fan, and H.W. Ge, Chin. J. Rare Met. 33, 290 (2009).Google Scholar
- 14.Q.X. Zhang, Separation Science and Engineering of Metallurgy (Beijing: Science Press, 2004).Google Scholar
- 20.F. Zhang, W.Y. Wu, X. Bian, and W.S. Zeng, Hydrometallurgy 238, 149 (2014).Google Scholar