The Integrated Computational Materials Engineering expert group (ICMEg), a coordination activity of the European Commission, aims at developing a global and open standard for information exchange between the heterogeneous varieties of numerous simulation tools. The ICMEg consortium coordinates respective developments by a strategy of networking stakeholders in the first International Workshop on Software Solutions for ICME, compiling identified and relevant software tools into the Handbook of Software Solutions for ICME, discussing strategies for interoperability between different software tools during a second (planned) international workshop, and eventually proposing a scheme for standardized information exchange in a future book or document. The present article summarizes these respective actions to provide the ICME community with some additional insights and resources from which to help move this field forward.
- 2.ICMEg. 1st International Workshop on Software Solutions for Integrated Computational Materials Engineering. http://web.access.rwth-aachen.de/MICRESS/ICMEg1/abstracts.html. Accessed 15 Oct 2015.
- 3.ICMEg. ICMEg questionaire (Market Study Simulation Software). https://docs.google.com/forms/d/130ajVA_b5_tqUf9DCixhzX0tIg0Ieo6MWLU_wDYMAAQ/viewform?usp=send_form. Accessed 15 Oct 2015.
- 4.ICMEg. ICMEg questionaire (Survey on Modeling/Simulation Tools). https://docs.google.com/forms/d/186kvoljlLdUZ0tr4PANkJYbhau9tAQ67xnqTUX1P3M8/viewform?usp=send_form. Accessed 15 Oct 2015.
- 5.A.W.A. Konter, H. Farivar, U. Prahl, and J. Post (in this issue).Google Scholar
- 6.ICMEg. 2nd International Workshop on Software Solutions for Integrated Computational Materials Engineering. http://congress.cimne.com/icme2016/frontal/default.asp. Accessed 19 October 2015.