Pt-Al-Cr-Ni superalloys: Heat treatment and microstructure
- 120 Downloads
In this study; the microstructure of precipitation-strengthened platinum-based superalloys after homogenization heat treatment and various cooling regimes was investigated. The study focused on the lattice misfit between the γ matrix and γ′ precipitate phase as well as the precipitate morphologies. Water quenching led to a γ single-phase structure, whereas air cooling resulted in the precipitation of 200 nm sized γ′ cubes with 30% volume fraction. Further investigations found that chromium in Pt-Al-Cr-Ni alloys had a strong γ′ promoting effect.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Y. Yamabe-Mitarai et al. JOM, in this issue.Google Scholar
- 4.L.A. Cornish, B. Fischer, and R. Völkl, MRS Bulletin, 28 (9) (2003), pp. 632–638.Google Scholar
- 5.P.J. Hill et al., Proc. High Temperature Corrosion and Protection (Hokkaido, Japan: Science Reviews 2000), pp. 185–190.Google Scholar
- 6.P.J. Hill et al., Struct. Intermetallics 2001, ed. K.J. Hemker et al. (Warrendale, PA: TMS, 2001), pp. 527–533.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Hüller et al., submitted to Acta Mat. (June 2004).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Wenderoth et al., submitted to Met. Mat. Trans. A (April 2004).Google Scholar
- 13.R. Völkl et al., submitted to Met. Mat. Trans A (May 2004).Google Scholar
- 14.Y. Oya, Y. Mishima, and T. Suzuki, Z. Metallkde., 78 (7) (1987), pp. 485–490.Google Scholar
- 16.T. Biggs et al., Plat. Met. Rev., 47 (2003), pp. 142–156.Google Scholar
- 17.A.J.C. Wilson, International Tables for Crystallography, vol. C: Mathematical, Physical and Chemical Tables (Dordrecht, NL: Kluwer Academic Press, 1992), p. 42.Google Scholar
- 19.K. Schubert, Kristallstrukturen zweikomponentiger Phasen, 1st edition (Berlin / Göttingen, Heidelberg: Springer Verlag OHG., 1964), p. 30.Google Scholar