Diagnostic microbeam technology in gold ore processing
- 157 Downloads
This treatise offers a brief but comprehensive glimpse of how microbeam analytical techniques have been applied over the last 20 years to resolve problems in gold ore processing. It covers only those techniques that are being used on a routine basis to study gold occurrences in plant samples. To facilitate the readers’ understanding, the microbeam techniques are introduced (and assessed) from a problem-solving point of view. These microbeam techniques form an intricate part of the comprehensive mineralogical and analytical approach used to establish on a direct and quantitative basis the occurrence of gold in tailings. Gold deportments determined by microbeam analytical techniques will identify opportunities for optimization and provide realistic targets for reducing the gold content in tailings streams. This approach has been applied in a number of gold operations, with the ultimate benefit of improved gold recovery.
KeywordsPyrite Gold Mineral Arsenopyrite Native Gold Arsenian Pyrite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Lastra et al., Modern Approaches to Ore and Environmental Mineralogy, ed L.J. Cabri and D.J. Vaughan, Mineral. Assoc. Can. Short Course, Vol. 27 (1998), pp. 327–366.Google Scholar
- 2.S.L. Chryssoulis et al., Proc. of Intern. Symp. On Gold Metallurgy (New York: Pergamon Press, 1987), pp. 235–244.Google Scholar
- 3.S.L. Chryssoulis et al., Abstracts of the XXII Intern. Mineral Processing Congress, Cape Town S.A. (2003), p. 463.Google Scholar
- 5.S.L. Chryssoulis et al., 35th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Mineral Processors Proceedings 2003, ed. Steve Wilson (Montreal, Canada: CIM, 2003), pp. 455–472.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Marsden and I. House, The Chemistry of Gold Extraction (London: Ellis Horwood, 1993).Google Scholar
- 7.S.L. Chryssoulis et al., Trans. Inst. Min. Metall. (Sect. C: Mineral Process Extr. Metall.), Vol. 101 (1992), pp. C1-C6.Google Scholar
- 8.S.L. Chryssoulis et al., Trans. Inst. Min. Metall (Sect. C: Mineral Process. Extr. Metall.), Vol. 104 (1995), pp. C141-C150.Google Scholar
- 9.S.S. Dimov and S.L. Chryssoulis. Applied Surf. Science 231–232 (2004), pp. 235–237.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Reich et al., [Submitted for publication to American Mineralogist (2004)].Google Scholar
- 12.S.L. Chryssoulis and L.J. Cabri, Trans. Inst. Min. Metall. (Sect C: Mineral Process Extr. Metall), Vol. 99 (1990), pp. C1-C10.Google Scholar
- 15.S.L. Chryssoulis and S.S. Dimov, Dimov. Appl. Surf. Sci., (203–204) (2004), pp. 644–647.Google Scholar