Fast evaluation of ship-bridge collision force based on nonlinear numerical simulation
- 131 Downloads
The max collision force of ship-bridge collision is one of the most important references for bridge design. By means of nonlinear digital simulation method, the collision forces of the collisions between rigid bridge pier and ship bow were calculated out for four different ships, whose tonnages are 5 000, 10 000, 50 000 and 60 000 DWT respectively. Curves of collision force-penetration and absorbed energy-penetration are obtained, and the data of the max loads are then summarized. On the basis of these curves and data, a set of curves describing the relationships between max collision forces and tonnages of the ships are successfully presented, by which the max collision forces of the ships-bridge with different tonnages and in different velocities can be estimated easily and reliably.
Keywordsship-bridge collision collision force nonlinear digital simulation penetration absorbed energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Jiancheng, GU Yongning, HU Zhiqiang. Response and damage of bridge pier during ship-bridge collision [J]. Highway, 2002 (10): 33–41 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- LIU Jiancheng, GU Yongning. Simulation of the whole process of ship-bridge collision [J]. China Ocean Engineering, 2002, 16 (3): 369–382 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- ZHANG Shengming. The Mechanics of Ship Collisions[D]. Copenhagen: Technical University of Denmark, 1999.Google Scholar
- WANG Zili, GU Yongning. Effect of strain-rate sensitivity on the behavior of ship structure in collision [J]. Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2000, 34 (12): 1704–1707 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- WANG Zili, GU Yongning. Study on behavior of double-sided structure of VLCC in Collisions [J]. Shipbuilding of China, 2001, 43 (1): 58–63 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- WANG Zili, GU Yongning, HU Zhiqiang. Motion lag of struck ship in collision [J]. Journal of Ship Mechanics, 2001, 5 (6): 40–49.Google Scholar
- LIANG Wenjuan. Calculation of ship collision force and protection of bridge pile [A]. Conference of Bridge Engineering for Academy of bridge and Highway of China [C]. Nanjing, China, 2000 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- JIANG Huatao, GU Yongning. Nonlinear finite element simulation of whole ship collision [J]. Shanghai Shipbuilding, 2002 (2): 16–21 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- GU Yongning, HU Zhiqiang, GAO Zhen. Numerical simulation of ship collision and grounding accident [J], Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2003, 37 (8): 1176–1180 (in Chinese).Google Scholar