Matrix Bundles and Operator Algebras Over a Finitely Bordered Riemann Surface
- 40 Downloads
This note presents an analysis of a class of operator algebras constructed as cross-sectional algebras of flat holomorphic matrix bundles over a finitely bordered Riemann surface. These algebras are partly inspired by the bundle shifts of Abrahamse and Douglas. The first objective is to understand the boundary representations of the containing \(C^*\)-algebra, i.e. Arveson’s noncommutative Choquet boundary for each of our operator algebras. The boundary representations of our operator algebras for their containing \(C^*\)-algebras are calculated, and it is shown that they correspond to evaluations on the boundary of the Riemann surface. Secondly, we show that our algebras are Azumaya algebras, the algebraic analogues of n-homogeneous \(C^*\)-algebras.
KeywordsSubalgebras of \(C^*\)-algebras Matrix bundle Riemann surface \(C^*\)-envelope Azumaya algebra Homogeneous \(C^*\)-algebra
The author would like to thank Paul Muhly for his incisive and insightful feedback, as well as his lively encouragement, during the preparation of this work.
- 7.Katsoulis, E., Ramsey, C.: Crossed products of operator algebras. ArXiv e-prints, (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Griesenauer, E., Muhly, P.S., Solel, B.: Boundaries, bundles and trace algebras. ArXiv e-prints, (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Ahlfors, Lars V, Sario, Leo: Riemann Surfaces. Princeton Mathematical Series. No. 26. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1960)Google Scholar
- 18.Katok, S.: Fuchsian Groups. Chicago Lectures in Mathematics. University of Chicago Press, Chicago (1992)Google Scholar
- 21.Grothendieck, A.: A general theory of fibre spaces with structure sheaf. In: National Science Foundation Research Project on Geometry of Function Space. University of Kansas, Dept. of Mathematics, (1955)Google Scholar
- 23.Kobayashi, S.: Differential geometry of complex vector bundles, In: Volume 15 of Publications of the Mathematical Society of Japan. Princeton University Press, Princeton. Kanô Memorial Lectures, 5. (1987)Google Scholar
- 24.Grauert, H.: Seminars on analytic functions. Number v. 2 in Seminars on Analytic Functions. Institute for Advanced Study. (1958)Google Scholar
- 26.Dixmier, J.: \(C^*\)-algebras. Translated from the French by Francis Jellett. North Holland Mathematical Library, vol. 15. North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam-New York-Oxford (1977)Google Scholar
- 36.DeMeyer, F., Ingraham, E.: Separable algebras over commutative rings. In: Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 181. Springer, Berlin (1971)Google Scholar