Study on the structure and properties of high chromium white cast iron and its tempering standard
The structure and properties of high chromium white cast iron in different treatment states were studied. Using X-ray diffraction method, observing their metallograph and measuring their microhardness, the phases involved in the iron were determined. The notch toughness, macrohardness and the fractograph of the samples are compared and their performance was determined, which mainly depends on the matrix structure. Relatively good comprehensive properties can be obtained in the tempering state. Improvements have been made on the commonly used tempering standard. Tempering for a short period at low temperature can improve the materials’ service performance obviously.
Key wordshigh chromium white cast iron structure property performance tempering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hao Shijian. High chromium wear resistant cast iron (in Chinese). Beijing: Coal Industry Press, 1993. 177–179Google Scholar
- 2.Bereza J M. Wear and impact resistant white cast irons. The British Foundryman, 1981, 74(10):205–211Google Scholar
- 3.Su Junyi. Chromium system wear resistant white cast iron (in Chinese). Beijing: National Defence Industry Press, 1990. 43Google Scholar
- 4.Sare I R. Abrasion resistance and fracture toughness of white cast irons. Metals Technology, 1979,6(11):412–419Google Scholar
- 5.Shanghai Machine Technology Institute. Metallography analyse technology (in Chinese). Shanghai: Shanghai Science and Technology Literature Press, 1987. 171Google Scholar