Effect of coal moisture content on coke’s quality and yields of products during coal carbonization
The coal with low moisture during carbonization could not only increase the yield of coke, but also promote the coke quality and reduce the energy consumption. In this paper, the influence of the moisture in the blend coal (1.8%–10.13%) on the product yields and coke quality during coal carbonization were investigated. The results show that the coke yield is increased from 75.90% to 77.16%, and the coke qualities such as coke strength after reaction with CO2 (CSR), coke reactivity index (CRI), fragmentation index (M25) and abrasion index (M10)) are also improved when the moisture of the blend coal decreases from 10.13% to 1.80 % in a bench scale reactor. Due to the secondary reaction, tar become lighter when the moisture is decreased. In order to further prove the above results, the blend coal with 1.8% and 9%–10% (common moisture used in coke plant) moisture is carbonized in a coke oven with 6 m height, the results show that CRI are 23.4% and 27.3%, CRS are 67.1% and 62.2% under 1.8% and 9%–10% moisture of blend coal. Moreover, the variation of the moisture in blend coal has a limited influence on dust emission at the ascension pipe and the charging car.
Key wordscoking coals low moisture carbonization coke coke qualities
低水分煤炼焦不仅可以提高焦炭产率, 而且可以提高焦炭质量、降低能耗。本论文研究了炼焦过程中不同水分的配合煤(1.8%∼10.13%)对焦化产物产率和焦炭质量的影响. 结果表明, 小型固定床干馏实验中配合煤水分由 10.13%降至 1.80%时, 焦炭产率由 75.90%提高到 77.16%, 焦炭与CO2 反应后强度(CSR)、 焦炭反应性指数(CRI)、 破碎指数(M25)和磨损指数(M10)等焦炭品质也得到改善. 同时,随着配合煤水分的降低, 焦油轻质化程度变高. 为了进一步证实上述结果, 在 6 m 高的工业焦炉中对比研究了配合煤水分为 1.8%和 9%~10%炼焦现场试验,焦炭CRI 分别为23.4%和27.3%, CRS 分别为 67.1%和 62.2%, 说明降低配合煤水分有利于改善焦炭质量. 此外, 降低配合煤水分对焦炉上升管和装煤车的粉尘排放量影响较小.
关键词配合煤 低水分 干馏 焦炭 焦炭质量
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- GAO Bing, LI Yu-geng, CHEN Peng, KONG De-wen. Application and effect analysis of CMC in coking plant [J]. Fuel & Chemical Processes, 2016, 47(4): 31–33. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1001-3709.2016.04.013.Google Scholar
- WAKURI S, MORIYOSHI O, HOSOKAWA K, NAKAGAWA K, TAKANOHASHI Y, OHNISHI T, KUSHIOKA K, KONNO Y. New moisture control system of coal for coking [J]. Transactions of the Iron and Steel Institute of Japan, 1985, 25(11): 1111–1115. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational1966.25.1111.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- NAITO M, TAKEDA K, MATSUI Y. Ironmaking technology for the last 100 years: Deployment to advanced technologies from introduction of technological know-how, and evolution to next-generation process [J]. ISIJ International, 2015, 55(1): 7–35. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.55.7 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- HUANG Zhi-hang, QIN Lin-bo, XU Zhe, CHEN Wang-sheng, XING Fu-tang, HAN Jun. The effects of Fe2O3 catalyst on the conversion of organic matter and bio-fuel production during pyrolysis of sewage sludge [J]. Journal of the Energy Institute, 2019: 835–842. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joei.2018.06.015.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- QIN Lin-bo, HAN Jun, ZHAO Bo, WANG Yu, CHEN Wang-sheng, XING Fu-tang. Thermal degradation of medical plastic waste by in-situ FTIR, TG-MS and TG-GC/MS coupled analyses [J]. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2018, 136: 132–145. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2018.10.012.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- QIN Lin-bo, HAN Jun, ZHAO Bo, CHEN Wang-sheng, XING Fu-tang. The kinetics of typical medical waste pyrolysis based on gaseous evolution behaviour in a micro-fluidised bed reactor [J]. Waste Management & Research, 2018, 36: 1073–1082. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0734242x18790357.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- QIN Lin-bo, XING Fu-tang, ZHAO Bo, CHEN Wang-sheng, HAN Jun. Reducing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon and its mechanism by porous alumina bed material during medical waste incineration [J]. Chemosphere, 2018, 212: 200–208. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.08.093.CrossRefGoogle Scholar