Effect of complex modification of Al-5Ti and Al-3P on hypereutectic Al-18Si alloys
- 15 Downloads
The solidification microstructure, fracture morphologies, and mechanical properties of an Al-18Si alloy and alloys modified with Al-5Ti and Al-3P master alloys were investigated using an optical microscope, scanning electron microscope, and an electronic universal testing machine. The results show that additions of Al-5Ti and Al-3P have significant effects on the size and area fraction of the primary Si and the mechanical properties of the Al-18Si alloy. Compared to the Al-18Si alloy modified with 0.6 wt% Al-5Ti at 850 °C, when the Al-18Si alloy was modified with 0.3 wt% Al-5Ti and 0.5 wt% Al-3P at the same temperature, the average size of the primary Si decreased from 39 to 14 μm and the area fraction increased from 9.5% to 11.6%. The biggest influencing factor on the tensile strength and elongation of the Al-18Si alloy is the addition of Al-3P, followed by the modification temperature and the addition of Al-5Ti. At a modification temperature of 850 °C, the tensile strength and elongation of the Al-18Si alloy modified with 0.3 wt% Al-5Ti+0.5 wt% Al-3P increased by 19.6% and 88.6%, respectively compared to that of the Al-18Si alloy modified with 0.6 wt% Al-5Ti.
Key wordshypereutectic Al-Si alloy modification solidification structure mechanical properties
Al-5Ti 和Al-3P 对过共晶Al-18Si 合金的复合变质效果
本文采用光学显微镜、扫描电子显微镜和电子万能试验机等仪器,研究了Al-5Ti 和Al-3P 变质 Al-18Si 合金的凝固组织、断口形貌和力学性能。结果表明,与0.6%Al-5Ti 变质Al-18Si 合金相比, 在850 °C 温度下采用0.3wt%Al-5Ti 和0.5wt%Al-3P 对Al-18Si 合金进行复合变质处理,使合金中初晶 硅平均尺寸从39 μm 减小到14 μm,其面积分数从9.5%增加到11.6%。对合金抗拉强度和延伸率影响 最大的因素是Al-3P,其次是变质温度和Al-5Ti。0.3wt%Al-5Ti 和0.5wt%Al-3P 变质Al-18Si 合金的抗 拉强度和延伸率分别比0.6%Al-5Ti 变质Al-18Si 合金的提高19.6%和88.6%。w
关键词过共晶铝硅合金 变质处理 凝固组织 力学性能
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIANG Song-mao, SCHMIDF-FETZER R. Phosphorus in Al-Si cast alloys: Thermodynamic prediction of the AlP and eutectic (Si) solidification sequence validated by microstructure and nucleation undercooling data [J]. Acta Materialia, 2014, 72: 41–56. DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2014.02.042.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- CAO Fu-yang, JIA Yan-dong, PRASHANTH K G, MA Pan, LIU Jing-shun, SCUDINO S, HUANG Feng, ECKERT J, SUN Jian-fei. Evolution of microstructure and mechanical properties of as-cast Al-50Si alloy due to heat treatment and P modifier content [J]. Materials & Design, 2015, 74(7): 150–156. DOI: 10.1016/j.matdes.2015.03.008.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- ZHOU Xiao-lu, WU Yu-ying, LI Yi-fan, WU Long, GAO Tong, LI Hui, LIU Xiang-fa. Absorbing formation mechanism of AlP on TiB2 substrate and their application as high-efficiency nucleating agent in Al-45Si alloy [J]. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2017, 693: 853–858. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2016.09.274.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- CHEN Chong, LIU Zhong-xia, REN Bo, WANG Ming-xing, WENG Yong-gang, LIU Zhi-yong. Influences of complex modification of P and Re on microstructure and mechanical properties of hypereutectic Al-20Si alloy [J]. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 2007, 17(2): 301–306. DOI: 10.1016/S1003-6326(07)60089-2.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- LIU Liang, LI Kai-liang, LIU Ya, WU Chang-jun, SU Xu-ping, WANG Jian-hua. Effect of Al-5Ti-B alloy on hypereutectic Al-18Si alloy modification [J]. Materials Science and Engineering of Powder Metallurgy, 2016, 21(1): 59–64. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316561685. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Xu, ZHONG Yun-bo, ZHENG Tian-xiang, SHEN Zhe, WANG Jiang, FAN Li-jun, ZHAI Yong, PENG Ming-hu, ZHOU Bang-fei, REN Wei-li, LEI Zuo-sheng, REN Zhong-ming, HE Qiong. Refinement of primary Si in the bulk solidified Al-20 wt.%Si alloy assisting by high static magnetic field and phosphorus addition [J]. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2017, 714: 39–46. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom. 2017.04.085.CrossRefGoogle Scholar