Effect of nozzle geometry on pressure drop in submerged gas injection
- 9 Downloads
Submerged gas injection into liquid leads to complex multiphase flow, in which nozzle geometries are crucial important for the operational expenditure in terms of pressure drop. The influence of the nozzle geometry on pressure drop between nozzle inlet and outlet has been experimentally studied for different gas flow rates and bath depths. Nozzles with circular, gear-like and four-leaf cross-sectional shape have been studied. The results indicate that, besides the hydraulic diameter of the outlet, the orifice area and the perimeter of the nozzle tip also play significant roles. For the same superficial gas velocity, the average pressure drop from the four-leaf-shaped geometry is the least. The influence of bath depth was found negligible. A correlation for the modified Euler number considering the pressure drop is proposed depending on nozzle geometric parameter AoL o −2 and on the modified Froude number gd o 5 Q−2 with the hydraulic diameter of the nozzle do as characteristic length.
Key wordssubmerged gas injection nozzle geometry hydraulic diameter pressure drop modified Euler number
浸没式气体喷吹进入液体中引起复杂多相流动, 其中喷嘴的结构对压降方面的操作费用至关重 要。本文使用了具有圆形、齿轮状和四叶截面形状的喷嘴结构, 研究了不同气体流量和溶池深度下喷 嘴结构对喷嘴进出口间压降的影响。结果表明, 除喷孔出口处水力直径外, 喷孔出口处面积和周长也 对压降有重要作用。对于相同的气相表观气速, 四叶形几何结构条件下的平均压降最小。溶池深度对 压降的影响可以忽略不计。提出了一个与压力降相关的修正欧拉数的经验式, 该式取决于喷嘴结构参 数AoL o −2 和特征长度为水力直径do的修正弗劳德数 gd o 5 Q−2。
关键词浸没式气体喷吹 喷嘴结构 水力直径 压降 修正欧拉数
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Liu, KEPLINGER O, ZIEGENHEIN T, SHEVCHENKO N, ECKERT S, YAN Hong-jie, LUCAS D. Euler–Euler modeling and X-ray measurement of oscillating bubble chain in liquid metals [J]. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 2019, 110: 218–237. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2018.09.011.MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- CHEN Ri-jian, YAN Hong-jie, LIU Liu, XIAO Jun-bing, SONG Yan-po. Bubble size distribution in bottom blowing process based on image processing technology [J]. Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology), 2018, 49(6): 1541–1547. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Liu, KEPLINGER O, MA Tian, ZIEGENHEIN T, SHEVCHENKO N, ECKERT S, YAN Hong-jie, LUCAS D. Euler-Euler simulation and X-ray measurement of bubble chain in a shallow container filled with liquid metals [J]. Chemical Engineering Science, 2018, 192: 288–305. DOI: 10.1016/j.ces.2018.07.034.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- KAPUSTA J P, LAROUCHE F, PALUMBO E. Adoption of high oxygen bottom blowing in copper matte smelting: Why is it taking so long? [C]// MUINONEN M, MARIN T, STUBINA N. Proceedings of the Proceedings of the Torstein Utigard Memorial Symposium. Toronto, Canada: The Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum, 2015.Google Scholar
- WEI Ji-he, MA Jing-chang, FAN Yang-yi, YU Neng-wen, YANG Sen-long, XIANG Shun-hua. Back-attack phenomena of gas jets with submerged horizontally blowing and effects on erosion and wear of refractory lining [J]. ISIJ International, 1999, 39(8): 779–786. DOI: 10.2355/isijinternational.39.779.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- WEI Ji-he, ZHU Hong-li, JIANG Qing-yuan, SHI Guo-min, CHI He-bing, WANG Hai-jiang. Physical modeling study on combined side and top blowing AOD refining process of stainless steel: Back-attack phenomenon of gas streams with horizontal side blowing and its influence on erosion and wear of refractory lining [J]. ISIJ International, 2010, 50(10): 1347–1356. DOI: 10.2355/isijinternational.50.1347.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- YU Yue, WEN Zhi, LIU Xun-liang, SU Fu-yong, LAN Hai-peng, HAO Xiao-hong. Simulation and experiment of influence of nozzle structure on bottom-blowing furnace flowing process [J]. Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology), 2014, 45(12): 4129–4137. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YAN Hong-jie, XIAO Jun-bing, HU Zhi-wen. Experimental investigation on bubbule formation from multi-hole nozzles [C]// KINGOLI F, XUEYI G, SHUMSKIY V, KOZLOV P, CAPIGILIA C, SILVA AC, TURNA T. Sustainable Industrial Processing Summit. Montraal, Canada: Flogen Star OUTREACH, 2016, 8: 199–212.Google Scholar