Wear characteristics and prediction of wheel profiles in high-speed trains
Wheel/rail relationship is a fundamental problem of railway system. Wear of wheel profiles has great effect on vehicle performance. Thus, it is important not just for the analysis of wear characteristics but for its prediction. Actual wheel profiles of the high-speed trains on service were measured in the high-speed line and the wear characteristics were analyzed which came to the following results. The wear location was centralized from −15 mm to 25 mm. The maximum wear value appeared at the area of 5 mm from tread center far from wheel flange and it was less than 1.5 mm. Then, wheel wear was fitted to get the polynomial functions on different locations and operation mileages. A binary numerical prediction model was raised to predict wheel wear. The prediction model was proved by vehicle system dynamics and wheel/rail contact geometry. The results show that the prediction model can reflect wear characteristics of measured profiles and vehicle performances.
Keywordshigh-speed trains wheel wear wear characteristics wear prediction vehicle system dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- XU Hong, YUAN Hua, WANG Ling, NA Wen-bo, XU Wen-bin, LI Yun-tang. Modeling of metro wheel wear and optimization of the wheel re-profiling strategy based on Gaussian processes [J]. Jounal of Mechanical Engineering, 2010, 46(24): 89–95. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- POMBO J, AMBRÓSIO J, PEREIRA M, LEWIS R, DWYER R, ARIAUDO C, KUKA N. A railway wheel wear prediction tool based on a multibody software [J]. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 2010, 48(3): 751–770.Google Scholar
- IGNESTI M, MARINI L, MELI E, RINDI A. Development of a model for the prediction of wheel and rail wear in the railway field [J]. Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, 2012, 7(4): 041004.Google Scholar
- LUO Ren, ZENG Jing, WU Ping-bo. Simulation and analysis of wheel out-of-roundness wear of high-speed train [J]. Journal of the China Railway Society, 2010, 32(5): 30–35. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HAN Peng, ZHANG Wei-hua, LI Yan, HUANG Guan-hua. Influence of wheelset wear and wheel radius difference on dynamics performances of high-speed train [J]. Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering. 2013, 13(6): 48–53. (in Chinese)Google Scholar