Direct spray pyrolysis of aluminum chloride solution for alumina preparation
- 74 Downloads
The effects of pyrolysis mode and pyrolysis parameters on Cl content in alumina were investigated, and the alumina products were characterized by XRD, SEM and ASAP. The experimental results indicate that the spray pyrolysis efficiency is higher than that of static pyrolysis process, and the reaction and evaporation process lead to a multi-plot state of the alumina products by spray pyrolysis. Aluminum phase starts to transform into γ-Al2O3 at spray pyrolysis temperature of 600 °C, which is about 200 °C lower than that of static pyrolysis process. The primary particle size of γ-Al2O3 product is 27.62 nm, and Cl content in alumina products is 0.38% at 800 °C for 20 min.
Key wordsspray pyrolysis aluminum chloride solution γ-Al2O3 phase transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WANG Fu-yuan, WU Yuan-zheng. Fly ash utilization handbook [M]. Beijing: Electric Power Press, 2004: 4–23. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Wan-kun, PENG Guan-cai. Intensified digestion technology of bauxite [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1998: 23-95. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YANG Zhong-yu. Alumina production technology [M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1998: 112–156. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WANG Yi-yong, ZHANG Ting-an, CHEN Xia, BAO Li. Effects of microwave roasting on leaching behavior of diaspore ore [J]. The Chinese Journal of Process Engineering, 2007, 7(2): 317–321. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- GRZYMEK J, DERDAKA W A. Method for obtaining aluminum oxide, US 4149898 [P]. 1979-02-21.Google Scholar
- QIN Jian-guo. A technique of preparing silicon oxide and alumina with fly ash, CN 200710061662.X [P]. 2007-04-03. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHANG Qing-hong, GAO Lian, GUO Jing-kun. Effects of sulfate ions and hydrolytic temperature on the properties of TiC14-derived nanostructured TiO2 [J]. Journal of Inorganic Materials, 2000, 15(6): 992–997. (in Chinese)Google Scholar