Smart phone-based context-aware augmentative and alternative communications system
- 219 Downloads
A smartphone-based context-aware augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) was applied was in order to enhance the user’s experience by providing simple, adaptive, and intuitive interfaces. Various potential context-aware technologies and AAC usage scenarios were studied, and an efficient communication system was developed by combining smartphone’s multimedia functions and its optimized sensor technologies. The experimental results show that context-awareness accuracy is achieved up to 97%.
Key wordsaugmentative alternative communication system context awareness mobile system location based services
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BEUKELMAN D, MIRENDA P. Augmentative and alternative communication: Supporting children and adults with complex communication needs [M]. 4th ed. Baltimore, MD: Paul Brookes Publishing Co., 2013: 120–210.Google Scholar
- SCHILT B, ADAMS N, WANT N R. Context-aware computing applications [C]// Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications. Santa Cruz, CA: IEEE, 1994: 85–90.Google Scholar
- KRISHNAMURTHY S, CHAKRABORTY D, JINDAL S, MITTAL S. Context-based adaptation of mobile phones using near-field communication [C]// Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems-Workshops. San Jose, CA: IEEE, 2006: 1–10.Google Scholar
- PARK D G, HAN K I, KIM S H. Developing a digital device, named ATTI, as an augmentative and alternative communication aid [C]// International Symposium on Augmentative Alternative Communications. Barcelona, Spain: IEEE, 2010: 234–240.Google Scholar
- QUERCIA D, LATHIA N, CALABRESE F, LORENZO G D, CREWCROFT J. Recommending social events from mobile phone location data [C]// IEEE International Conference on Data Mining. Vancouver, Canada: IEEE, 2010: 971–976.Google Scholar
- SILVER K. Touch chat ACC with word power [EB/OL]. 2014-6-7, http://www.appsforaac.net/app/touchchat-aac-wordpower.Google Scholar
- SPEECH C. AAC-scroll and speak [EB/OL]. 2011-11-30. http://www.appsforaac.net/app/aac-scroll-and-speak.Google Scholar