Multi-domain modeling and simulation of proportional solenoid valve
- 533 Downloads
A multi-domain nonlinear dynamic model of a proportional solenoid valve was presented. The electro-magnetic, mechanical and fluid subsystems of the valve were investigated, including their interactions. Governing equations of the valve were derived in the form of nonlinear state equations. By comparing the simulated and measured data, the simulation model is validated with a deviation less than 15%, which can be used for the structural design and control algorithm optimization of proportional solenoid valves.
Key wordsfluid mechanics proportional solenoid valve dynamic characteristic multi-domain modeling simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- RAHMAN M F, CHEUNG N C, LIM K W. Modeling of a non-linear solenoid towards the development of a proportional actuator [C]// Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Modeling and Simulation of Electrical Machines, Converters and Systems. Saint Nazaire, France, 1996: 121–128.Google Scholar
- DEEPIKA D, SCOTT S, BIRGIT K. Multi-domain modeling and simulation of a linear actuation system [M]. Pittsburgh: Ansoft Corporation, 2003: 58–70.Google Scholar
- HANG Tian, SHENG Ding, GAO Zhi-qiang, JI Da-xi, LIU Yi-qun, HUANG Peng-chao, XU Hui, LI Xiao-feng, BAO Zheng-qiang. The analysis research of design the magnetic field of the solenoid [C]// Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Vacuum Electronics. Monterey, CA: IEEE, 2010: 487–488.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- ALBERT S. Transient simulation to improve the solenoid dynamics in pneumatic valves [D]. Aachen: Institute for Fluid Power Drives and Controls of RWTH, 2004.Google Scholar
- CHEUNG N C, RAHMAN M F, LIM K W. Simulation and experimental studies towards the development of a proportional solenoid [C]// The 28th Universities Power Engineering Conference. Staffordshire, UK: Staffordshire University, 1993: 582–587.Google Scholar
- CHU Liang, HOU Yan-li, LIU Ming-hui, LI Jun, GAO Yi-min, EHSANI M. Study on the dynamic characteristics of pneumatic ABS solenoid valve for commercial vehicle [C]// Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE International Conference on Vehicle Power and Propulsion. Arlington, TX: IEEE, 2007: 641–644.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- LU F K, JENSEN D S. Potential viability of a fast-acting micro-solenoid valve for pulsed detonation fuel injection [C]// The 41st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting. Reno, Nevada: AIAA, 2003: 0881–0888.Google Scholar
- WILLIAMS M C, VOGELSONG R S, KENNETH K S. Simulation and modeling of nonlinear magnetics [C]// Proceedings of the 1994 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems. Seattle, America: IEEE, 1994: 8(1b): 1–12.Google Scholar