Performance analysis model for real-time Ethernet-based computer numerical control system
- 182 Downloads
In order to optimize the embedded system implementation for Ethernet-based computer numerical control (CNC) system, it is very necessary to establish the performance analysis model and further adopt the codesign method from the control, communication and computing perspectives. On the basis of analyzing real-time Ethernet, system architecture, time characteristic parameters of control-loop etc, a performance analysis model for real-time Ethernet-based CNC system was proposed, which is able to include the timing effects caused by the implementation platform in the simulation. The key for establishing the model is accomplished by designing the error analysis module and the controller nodes. Under the restraint of CPU resource and communication bandwidth, the experiment with a case study was conducted, and the results show that if the deadline miss ratio of data packets is 0.2%, then the percentage error is 1.105%. The proposed model can be used at several stages of CNC system development.
Key wordscomputer numerical control (CNC) system real-time Ethernet time characteristic parameters performance analysis model manufacturing accuracy
- LEWIN C. Motion control networks [R]. Massachusetts: Performance Motion Devices Inc, 2007.Google Scholar
- ÅRZÉN K E, CERVIN A. Truetime simulation tool for performance analysis of real-time embedded systems [EB/OL].[2009-12-21]. http://www.control.lth.se/documents/2009/.
- CERVIN A, HENRIKSSON D, OHLIN M. Truetime 2.0-reference manual [EB/OL]. [2009-10-15]. http://www.control.lth.se/truetime/.
- SCHWAGER J. Real-time Ethernet in industry [EB/OL]. [2008-09-29]. http://www.real-time-ethernet.de/.
- WAN Jia-fu, LI Di. Fuzzy feedback scheduling algorithm based on output jitter in resource-constrained embedded systems [C]// 2010 International Conference on Challenges in Environmental Science and Computer Engineering. Wuhan, 2010: 147–152.Google Scholar
- LI Zu-xin, WANG Wan-lang, CHENG Xin-min. Optimal band with scheduling for resource-constrained networks [J]. Acta Atuomatica Sinica, 2009, 35(4): 443–448. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIA Feng, SUN You-xian. Control-scheduling codesign: A perspective on integrating control and computing [J]. Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems-Series B, 2006, 13(2): 1352–1358.Google Scholar
- CERVIN A. Integrated control and real-time scheduling [D]. Lund: Lund Institute of Technology, 2003.Google Scholar
- SAMII S, CERVIN A, ELES P, PENG Z. Integrated scheduling and synthesis of control applications on distributed embedded systems [C]// Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition. Acropolis, 2009: 57–62.Google Scholar