Fabrication of integrated resistors in printed circuit boards
- 103 Downloads
In order to utilize integrated passive technology in printed circuit boards (PCBs), manufacturing processing for integrated resistors by lamination method was investigated. Integrated resistors fabricated from Ohmega technologies in the experiment were 1 408 pieces per panel with four different patterns A, B, C and D and four resistance values of 25, 50, 75 and 100 Ω. Six panel per batch and four batches were performed totally. The testing was done for 960 pieces of integrated resistors randomly selected with the same size. The value distribution ranges and the relative standard deviation (RSD) show that the scatter degree of the resistance decreases with the resistor size increasing and/or with the resistance increasing. Patterns D with resistance of 75 and 100 Ω for four patterns have the resistance value variances less than 10%. Patterns C and D with resistance of 100 Ω have the manufacturing tolerance less than 10%. The process capabilities are from about 0.6 to 1.6 for the designed testing patterns, which shows that the integrated resistors fabricated have the potential to be used in multilayer PCBs in the future.
Key wordsintegrated resistors lamination method printed circuit boards integrated passive technology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ZHOU J M, MYERS J D, FELTEN J J. Embedded passives technology for PCBs: Materials, design, and process [C]// Proceedings of the Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE). Denver: 2002: 577–582.Google Scholar
- BRANDLER D D. The effect of miniaturization on embedded resistors in high density interconnecting substrate [C]// Proceedings of International Symposium on Microelectronics (SPIE). Baltimore, 2001: 464–466.Google Scholar
- SHI Lin-chu. The application of mathematic-statistical method in IC mass production-on the relationship between processing capability index and yield [J]. Acta Electronica Sinica, 1998, 26(5): 125–128. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHAI Li-yuan, YOU Xiang-yu, SHU Yu-de, YANG Jie, WANG Yun-yan. Decoppering of copper-complexing wastewater from printed circuit boards [J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2010, 41(1): 27–33. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- QIU Ke-qiang, WU Qian, ZHAN Zhi-hua. Vacuum pyrolysis characteristics of waste printed circuit boards epoxy resin and analysis of liquid products [J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2009, 40(5): 1209–1215. (in Chinese)Google Scholar