CC-CV charge protocol based on spherical diffusion model
- 159 Downloads
A new insight into the constant current-constant voltage (CC-CV) charge protocol based on the spherical diffusion model was presented. From the model, the CV-charge process compensates, to a large extent, the capacity loss in the CC process, and the capacity loss increases with increasing the charging rate and decreases with increasing the lithium-ion diffusion coefficient and using a smaller τ value (smaller particle-size and larger diffusion coefficient) and a lower charge rate will be helpful to decreasing the capacity loss. The results show that the CC and the CV charging processes, in some way, are complementary and the capacity loss during the CC charging process due to the large electrochemical polarization can be effectively compensated from the CV charging process.
Key wordslithium-ion battery charge protocol constant current-constant voltage mode capacity loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- RAMADASS P, DURAIRAJAN A, HARAN B, WHITE R E, POPOV B N. Studies on capacity fade of spinel-based Li-ion batteries [J]. J Electrochem Soc, 2002, 149(1): A54–A60.Google Scholar
- LIN P C, LIU Y H, LIU YH, CHEN J K, CHEN C H. A fully digital rapid charger for electric scooters [J]. Proceedings of 18th Symposium on Electrical Vehicles, Session D7A, 2001: 1–13.Google Scholar
- TANG X C, PAN C Y, HE L P, LI L Q, CHEN Z Z. A novel technique based on the ratio of potentio-charge capacity to galvanocharge capacity (RPG) for determination of the diffusion coefficient of intercalary species within insertion-host materials: Theories and experiments [J]. Electrochimica Acta, 2004, 49(19): 3113–3119.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- TANG Z Y, XUE J J, LI J G, WANG Z L. Discharge process of insertion electrodes controlled by lithium ion diffusion in solid materials [J]. Acta Phys-Chim Sin, 2001, 17(6): 526–530.Google Scholar
- JIN L, TANG X C, PAN C Y, JIANG C K. Variation of solid diffusion coefficient for lithium ions in LiCoO2 with charge- discharge cycles [J]. Chin J Inorg Chem, 2007, 23(7): 1238–1241.Google Scholar