Structure and stability of Li-Mn-Ni composite oxides as lithium ion sieve precursors in acidic medium
- 127 Downloads
A series of spinel Li-Mn-Ni composite oxides with theoretical chemical formula of LiNixMn2−xO4 (0≤x≤1.0) were synthesized by liquid phase method. Their structure and morphology were characterized by X-ray diffractometry (XRD) and scanning electron microscopy (SEM), respectively. The stability of these Ni-substituted spinel oxides prepared at different temperatures was investigated in acidic medium as well. The results show that Ni can be brought into the spinel framework completely to form well-crystallized product when x≤0.5 and the optimized synthesis temperature is 800 °C. LiNi0.4Mn1.6O4 prepared at 800 °C can maintain the spinel structure and morphology with Li extraction ratio of 30.37%, Mn extraction ratio of 8.78% and Ni extraction ratio of 1.82% during acid treatment. The incorporated Ni not only inhibits the dissolution of Mn, but also reduces the extraction of Li due to the lattice contraction.
Key wordslithium ion sieve Li-Mn-Ni composite oxide structure stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHEN Ting, YAN Shu-yi, KANG Zi-hua. Progress on the extraction of lithium from the salt lake brine in China [J]. Salt and Chemical Industry, 2006, 36(2): 19–21. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Bai-zhen, MA Li-wen, SHI Xi-chang, XU Hui, YANG Xi-yun. Research progress on preparation methods for precursors of lithium ion sieve [J]. Inorganic Chemicals Industry, 2009, 41(7): 1–4. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Yi-fan, FENG Qi, OOI K. The synthesis and ion-exchange property of Li+ memorized spinel LiAlMnO4 [J]. Ion Exchange and Adsorption, 1995, 11(3): 216–222.Google Scholar
- DONG Dian-quan, ZHONG Jie, LIU Dun-lei, LIU Yi-fan. Synthesis of LiCu0.5Mn1.5O4 and its Li+ extraction/insertion reaction in aqueous solution [J]. Chinese Journal of Applied Chemistry, 1998(3): 114–115. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- DONG Dian-quan, ZHANG Feng-bao, ZHANG Guo-lian, LIU Yi-fan. LiMg0.5Mn1.5O4 synthesis and its selectivity to Li+ exchange [J]. Chinese Journal of Inorg Chem, 2004, 20(9): 1126–1130. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIAO Li-bin, LI Guo-wu. X-ray diffraction methods and their application [M]. Beijing: Geology Press, 2008: 113–114. (in Chinese)Google Scholar