Wavelet matrix transform for time-series similarity measurement
- 57 Downloads
A time-series similarity measurement method based on wavelet and matrix transform was proposed, and its anti-noise ability, sensitivity and accuracy were discussed. The time-series sequences were compressed into wavelet subspace, and sample feature vector and orthogonal basics of sample time-series sequences were obtained by K-L transform. Then the inner product transform was carried out to project analyzed time-series sequence into orthogonal basics to gain analyzed feature vectors. The similarity was calculated between sample feature vector and analyzed feature vector by the Euclid distance. Taking fault wave of power electronic devices for example, the experimental results show that the proposed method has low dimension of feature vector, the anti-noise ability of proposed method is 30 times as large as that of plain wavelet method, the sensitivity of proposed method is 1/3 as large as that of plain wavelet method, and the accuracy of proposed method is higher than that of the wavelet singular value decomposition method. The proposed method can be applied in similarity matching and indexing for lager time series databases.
Key wordswavelet transform singular value decomposition inner product transform time-series similarity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- RAFIEI D, MENDELZON A. Efficient retrieval of similar time sequences using DFT [C]// Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Foundation of Data Organizations and Algorithms. New York: Springer, 1998: 249–257.Google Scholar
- LI Qiu-dan, CHI Zhong-xian, SUN Rui-chao. A novel similar matching algorithm for time series data [J]. Control and Decision, 2004, 19(8): 915–919. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- IVAN P, RANEE J M. Similarity search over time-series data using wavelets [C]// Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Data Engineering. Washington DC: IEEE Computer Society, 2002: 212–221.Google Scholar
- LIU Jian-guo, LI Zhi-shun, LIU Dong. Features of underwater echo extraction based on SWT and SVD [J]. Acta Acustica, 2006, 31(2): 167–172. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HU Han-hui, YANG Hong, TAN Qing, YI Nian-en. Sintering fan faults diagnosis based on wavelet analysis [J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2007, 38(6): 1139–1173. (in Chinese)Google Scholar