Performance analysis of optical burst switching node with limited wavelength conversion capabilities
- 35 Downloads
The systematical and scalable frameworks were provided for estimating the blocking probabilities under asynchronous traffic in optical burst switching (OBS) nodes with limited wavelength conversion capability (LWCC). The relevant system architectures of limited range and limited number of wavelength converters (WCs) deployed by a share-per-fiber (SPF) mode were developed, and the novel theoretical analysis of node blocking probability was derived by combining the calculation of discouraged arrival rate in a birth-death process and two-dimensional Markov chain model of SPF. The simulation results on single node performance verify the accuracy and effectiveness of the analysis models. Under most scenarios, it is difficult to distinguish the plots generated by the analysis and simulation. As the conversion degree increases, the accuracy of the analysis model worsens slightly. However, the utmost error on burst loss probability is far less than one order of magnitude and hence, still allows for an accurate estimate. Some results are of actual significance to the construction of next-generation commercial OBS backbones.
Key wordsoptical burst switching (OBS) limited range wavelength conversion (LRWC) wavelength converter burst contention burst loss probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CALLEGATI F, CERRONI W, BONANI L H, BARBOSA F R, MOSCHIM E, PAVANI G S. Congestion resolution in optical burst/packet switching with limited wavelength conversion [C]// Proceedings of GLOBECOM—IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference. San Francisco: IEEE Press, 2006.Google Scholar
- PUTTASUBBAPPA V S, PERROS H G. An approximate queueing model for limited-range wavelength conversion in an OBS switch [C]// Proceedings of the 4th Int IFIP-TC6 Networking Conf. Waterloo: Springer Press, 2005: 697–708.Google Scholar
- ZALESKY A, VU H L, ZUKERMAN M, ROSBERG Z, WONG E W M. Evaluation of limited wavelength conversion and deflection routing as methods to reduce blocking probability in optical burst switched networks [C]// Proceedings of IEEE Int Conf Commun. Hong Kong: IEEE Press, 2004: 1543–1547.Google Scholar
- GAO Wen-yu, CHEN Song-qiao, WANG Jian-xin. End-to-end delay bound of packets [J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2006, 37(1): 135–140. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- TENG J, ROUSKAS G N. Routing path optimization in optical burst switched networks [C]// Proceedings of the 9th Conf Opt Netw Design Modeling (ONDM). Milan: IEEE Press, 2005.Google Scholar
- KARAGINANNIS T, MOLLE M, FALOUTSOS M, BROIDO A. A nonstationary poisson view of internet traffic [C]// Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM. Hong Kong: IEEE Press, 2004: 1558–1569.Google Scholar
- MORRIS R, LIN D. Variance of aggregated Web traffic [C]// Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM. Piscataway: IEEE Press, 2000: 360–366.Google Scholar