An efficient embedding tree matching algorithm based on metaphoric dependency syntax tree
- 43 Downloads
To find out all dependency relationships in which metaphors probably exist between syntax constituents in a given sentence, a dependency tree matching algorithm oriented to Chinese metaphor processing is proposed based on a research of unordered tree inclusion matching. In this algorithm, the pattern library is composed of formalization dependency syntax trees that are derived from large-scale metaphor sentences. These kinds of metaphor sentences are saved in the pattern library in advance. The main process of this algorithm is up-down searching and bottom-up backtracking revising. The algorithm discovers potential metaphoric structures in Chinese sentences from metaphoric dependency pattern library. Finally, the feasibility and efficiency of the new matching algorithm are further testified by the results of a series of experiments on dependency pattern library. Hence, accurate dependency relationships can be achieved through this algorithm.
Key wordspattern recognition tree matching algorithm dependency tree rule matching metaphor information processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- TONG Xiao-hua, WU Song-chun, WU Shu-qin, LIU Da-jie. A novel vehicle navigation map matching algorithm based on fuzzy logic and its application [J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology, 2005, 12(2): 214–219.Google Scholar
- PEKKA K. Tree matching problems with applications to structured text databases [D]. Helsinki: Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, 1992.Google Scholar
- TORSTEN S. ApproXQL: Design and implementation of an approximate pattern matching language for XML [R]. Berlin: Freie Universität Berlin, 2001.Google Scholar
- SCHLIEDER T, BERLIN F U, NAUMANN F. Approximate tree embedding for querying XML data [C]// Proceedings of ACM SIGIR Workshop on XML and Information Retrieval. Athens: The Research Publication Repository of KFUPM, 2000.Google Scholar
- THORSTEN R. A new measure of the distance between ordered trees and its applications [R]. Bonn: Department of Computer Science, University of Bonn, 1997.Google Scholar
- DENNIS S, JASON T L W, SHAN H Y, ZHANG K Z. ATreeGrep: Approximate search in unordered tree [C]// Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management. Edinburgh: IEEE Computer Society, 2002: 89–98.Google Scholar
- GABRIEL G I L, MAARTEN D R, KHALIL S. A general probabilistic model for dependency parsing [C]// Proceedings of the 14th Dutch-Belgian Artificial Intelligence Conference. Leuven: Leuven University Press, 2002: 139–146.Google Scholar
- ALEXIS N, OWEN R. A simple string-rewriting formalism for dependency grammar [C]// Workshop on Recent Advances in Dependency Grammar, International Conference on Computational Linguistics. Geneva, Switzerland: COLING, 2004: 25–32.Google Scholar
- DING Y W. Comparative study on metaphors in eastern and western cultures [J]. Academic Exchange, 2004, 129(12): 159–161.Google Scholar