Pump-lockage ore transportation system for deep sea flexible mining system
- 80 Downloads
Based on characteristics of deep sea flexible mining system, a new pump-lockage ore transportation system was designed. According to Bernoulli equation and two-phase hydrodynamics theory, parameters of the new system were obtained and four ore transportation systems were analyzed. The results indicate that the pump head of 1 000 m mining system is 100–150 m and that of 5 000 m mining system is 660–750 m. In addition, based on similarity theory, a model of the new transportation system was made, which can simulate more than 5 000 m actual ore transportation system. So both theory and experiment prove that the new pump-lockage ore transportation system is an ideal design for deep sea flexible mining system.
Key wordsflexible mining system ore transportation system pump-lockage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHUNG J S, CHENG B. Application of thrusts to elastic joints on long vertical pipe in 3-D nonlinear motions (Part II): Numerical examples by MSE and FEM results [C]// Proc 8th Int Offshore and Polar Eng Conf. Montactual: ISOPE, 1998: 189–198.Google Scholar
- CHUNG J S, CHENG B. 3-D responses of vertical pipe bottom pin-joined to a horizontal pipe to ship motion and thrust on pipe (Part I): MSE and FEM modeling [C]// Proc 9th Int Offshore and Polar Eng Conf. Brest: ISOPE, 1999: 265–271.Google Scholar
- CHUNG J S, CHENG B. MSE and FEM modeling of thrusts to elastic joints of long vertical pipe in 3-D nonlinear motions [J]. Int J Offshore and Polar Eng, 1999, 9(2): 117–125.Google Scholar
- XIANG Lin-jing. Research on kinematics and dynamics of deep sea mining pipe [D]. Beijing: University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2000: 1–10. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- GREBE H. Amathematical model for the analysis of flexible marine risers [D]. Siegen: Siegen Univeristy, 1997: 1–12. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- OWEN D G, QIN K. Model tests and analysis of flexible riser systems [J]. Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, 1986, 3: 354–362.Google Scholar
- ENGLMANN H E. Vertical hydraulic transportation of large-size—A contribution to marine mining. OCT 3137 [C]// The 10th Annual Offshore Technology Conference. Louisiana: 1978: 216–219.Google Scholar
- FEI Xiang-jun. Transporting hydraulics of hydromass and pellet [M]. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 1994. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XU Hai-liang, HE Qing-hua. Deep sea mining ore expulsion system: China, 20004200360 74.2 [P]. 2004. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XU Hai-liang, HE Qing-hua. Deep sea mining system research [J]. Chinese Mining Industry, 2004, 3(7): 43–46. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XU Hai-liang, HE Qing-hua. Research on combined single pump and ore tank deep-sea mining transporting system [J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology, 2005, 36(1): 92–96. (in Chinese)Google Scholar