Application of neural network to prediction of plate finish cooling temperature
- 50 Downloads
To improve the deficiency of the control system of finish cooling temperature (FCT), a new model developed from a combination of a multilayer perception neural network as the self-learning system and traditional mathematical model were brought forward to predict the plate FCT. The relationship between the self-learning factor of heat transfer coefficient and its influencing parameters such as plate thickness, start cooling temperature, was investigated. Simulative calculation indicates that the deficiency of FCT control system is overcome completely, the accuracy of FCT is obviously improved and the difference between the calculated and target FCT is controlled between −15 °C and 15 °C.
Key wordsplate heat transfer coefficient mathematical model back propagation (BP) neural network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- FIIIPOVIC J, VISKANTA R, INCROPERA F P, VESLOCKIT A. Cooling of a moving steel strip by an array of round jets[J]. Steel research, 1994, 65(12): 541–547.Google Scholar
- WEI Shi-zheng, WANG Zhao-dong, ZHAO De-wen, LIU Xiang-hua, WANG Guo-dong. Controlled cooling technology for medium plate[J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, 2002, 14(5): 67–72. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SUN Xiao-guang. Application of synergetic artificial intelligence to the scheduling in the finishing train of hot strip mills[J]. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 1996, 60(5): 405–408.Google Scholar
- GUO Ren-min. Heat transfer of laminar flow cooling strip acceleration on hot strip mill run-out tables[J]. Iron and Steel Maker: IGSM, 1993, 20(8): 49–59.Google Scholar
- AUZINGER D, PARZER F. Process optimization for laminar cooling[J]. Iron and Steel Engineer, 1998(8): 45–49.Google Scholar
- LIU Zheng-dong, SAMARASEKERA I V. Application of cooling water in controlled run-out table cooling on hot strip mill[J]. J Iron and Steel Res, 2004, 11(3): 15–23.Google Scholar
- ZHOU Fu-qiang, CAO Jian-guo, ZHANG Jie, YIN XIAO-qing, JIA Sheng-hui, ZENG Wei. Prediction model of rolling force for tandem cold rolling mill based on neural networks and mathematical models[J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2007, 37(6): 1155–1160. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHANG Cai, TAN Jian-ping. Strip flatness pattern recognition based on genetic algorithms-back propagation model[J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2006, 37(2): 294–299. (in Chinese)Google Scholar