Synthesis of P(St-BA-MAA-SPAA) nano-latex and its application in high anti-corrisive coating
A novel zinc-rich pigment based on P(St-BA-MAA-SPAA) nano-latex was obtained, which is suitable for the use in hot alkali liquid medium. The nano-latex was synthesized by active emulsifier latex polymerization method with monomers of styrene (St), butylacrylate (BA), methylacrylic acid(MAA) in the presence of active emulsifier 3-sulfopropylacrylate(SPAA). The synthesis condition and properties of the latex were investigated. And the anti-corrosive property of the resultant zinc-rich coating was studied. The results show that the nano-latex is self-stabilized and has a narrow particle diameter distribution, the average diameter of the latex particles is 71 nm. Zinc powders can be evenly dispersed in the nano-latex, which indicates that the P(St-BA-MAA-SPAA) nano latex can be used as the binder of zinc-rich coating. The resultant zinc-rich coating is able to resist the invasion of hot alkali solution(the temperature is 95 °C and the pH value is 14) for 480 h and the exposure time in salt spray is 1 200 h. Moreover, the coating shows good thermal conductivity and static electricity properties, its thermal conductivity and electric resistivity are 21–37 W/(m·K) and 6.7×105–3.5×106 Ω·cm, respectively.
Key wordslatex polymerization active emulsifier nano latex anti-corrosive coating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- XU Bin-shi, LIANG Xiu-bing, DONG Shi-yun, MA Song. Progress of nano-surface engineering[J]. International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, 2003, 18(4): 338–343.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Xiao-yan, SUN Zheng-guang, HUANG Shi-qiang. The progress of preparing polymer nanocomposites by emulsion polymerization[J]. Chinese Journal of Colloid and Polymer, 2004, 22(2): 27–29. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- PAN Zhao-ji, FUNKE W. A study of surface/interface properties of organic coatings by contact angle and MIR measurements[C]// 7th Asian-Pacific Corrosion Control Conference. Beijing, 1991: 645–651.Google Scholar
- FUNKE W. Protection of metals by organic coatings against corrosion to wet adhesion[C]// 7th Asian-Pacific Corrosion Control Conference. Beijing, 1991: 16–28.Google Scholar
- PAN Zhao-ji. A study of wet adhesion for organic coating[J]. Materials Protection, 1994, 27(2): 9–12. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Da-jun, LI Na. Synthesis of reactive emulsifiers and their emulsion copolymerization with acrylic monomers[J]. Chemical World, 2004, 45(4): 186–188. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Zheng-guo, QIAN Yong, GAO Qing, LU Sheng-jun, WANG Hai-ping. Synthesis of sodium 3-chloro-2-hydroxy propanesulfate[J]. Chinese Journal of Colloid and Polymer, 2003, 21(2): 17–18.Google Scholar
- XU Xin-lan, HU Xiao-ying, LU Nai-di. The preparation of nano-emulsion for transmitting electron microscopy and image analysis[J]. Journal of Chinese Electron Microscopy Society, 2002, 21(5): 786–787.Google Scholar
- ZHI Wei-sun. A microscopic approach to studying colloidal stability[J]. Journal of Chemical Physics, 2003, 22(119): 2399–2405.Google Scholar
- SHI An-fu, GONG Yun-biao. Engineering plastics-properties, shaping, application[M]. Shanghai: Shanghai Science and Technology Press, 1989: 68–69.Google Scholar