Constitutive equation of MR fluids
- 66 Downloads
Magnetorheological(MR) fluids are intelligent materials whose mechanical properties will change with the magnetic field strength. Based on this behavior, the MR fluids can be used in wide practice fields. The constitutive equation is the most important problem of research of MR fluids. The mechanical experiments of a sort of MR fluids were conducted. By the Maxwell model, the visco-plastic behavior of magnetorheological fluids was discussed by a simple mechanical model. Then a new constitutive model was developed. The parameters of this model were investigated. The relation of the stress of MR fluids and the magnetic field strength was analyzed by this equation. The agreement of calculated curves with the experimented ones are very satisfactory. The results show that this constitutive model can be used to explain the mechanical properties of the MR fluids.
Key wordsMR fluids shear stress visco-plastic mechanical model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CHESMORE E D. Recovery and transportation of MR fluids [P]. Br 2282370, 1995.Google Scholar
- LWAN W D. On a class of models for the yielding behavior of continuous and composite systems [J]. Appl Mech, 1967, 612–617.Google Scholar
- DING Wen-jing. The theory of vibration [M]. Beijing: Tingshua University Press, 1988: 179–196. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- KUANG Zhen-bang. The mechanics of nonlinear successive medium [M]. Shanghai: Shanghai Jiaotong University Press, 2001: 221–277. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- SI Hu, PENG Xiang-he. The visco-plastic model of MRF [J]. Journal of Chongqing University, 2001, 3: 45–47. (in Chinese)Google Scholar