Structural characteristics and properties of PU-modified TDE-85/MeTHPA epoxy resin
- 75 Downloads
Diglycidyl-4,5-epoxycyclohexane-1,2-dicarboxylate (TDE-85)/methyl tetrahydro-phthalic anhydride (MeTHPA) epoxy resin was modified by polyurethane(PU), and its structural characteristics and properties were studied by infrared spectrum analysis (IR), scanning electronic microscopy (SEM), mechanics testing and thermogravimetric analysis (TG). The results indicate that epoxy polymeric network I and polyurethane polymeric network II are formed in the PU-modified TDE-85/MeTHPA epoxy resin. Meanwhile the PU-modified TDE-85/MeTHPA resins have heterogeneous structure. The miscibility between epoxy (EP) and polyurethane (PU) as well as the phase size are dominantly determined by the mass fraction of polyurethane prepolymer (PUP) in the EP/PU blends. With the increase of PUP mass fraction, the tensile strength, impact strength and thermal stability of the PU-modified TDE-85/MeTHPA epoxy resin all firstly exhibit increasing tendency, and decrease after successively reaching their maxima. When the number-average molecular mass of PPG is 1 000 and the mass fraction of PUP is 15%, the tensile strength, impact strength and thermal stability of materials obtained, compared with TDE-85/MeTHPA epoxy resin, are improved obviously.
Key wordsTDE-85 polyurethane interpenetrating polymeric network mechanical property thermal stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LI Gui-lin. Epoxy Resin and Epoxy Coatings[M]. Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 2003. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHANG Chun-hua, HAN Bing, HUANG Yu-dong. Study on properties of TDE-85/aromatic diamine matrix and carbon fiber composites[J]. Journal of Harbin University Science and Technology, 2000, 5(5): 60–63. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- MA Xiao-yan, YUAN Li, JIA Qiao-ying, et al. Composites of epoxy resin and BMIPBA reinforced with aluminum borate whiskers[J]. Journal of Materials Science & Engineering, 2003, 21(6): 789–792. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JIANG Li-xiang, SHENG Lei, CHEN Ping, et al. Study on effect of proton irradiation on epoxy resin 648 and TDE-85[J]. Spacecraft Environment Engineering, 2006, 23(3): 134–137. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JI Ke-jian, LIU Yuan-jun, ZHANG Yin-sheng, et al. NMR characterization of epoxy resin[J]. Acta Material Composite Sinica, 2000, 17(1): 15–18. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Zhi-hua, REN Dong-yan, CHOU Ji-neng, et al. Preparation and FT-IR analysis of the epoxy modified by polyurethane[J]. Thermosetting Resin, 2006, 21(1): 8–11. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WEN Qing-zhen, ZHU Jin-hua, WANG Yuan-sheng. The influence of chain extenders on the reaction rate of polyether-urethane prepolymers[J]. Journal of Naval University of Engineering, 2003, 15(1): 23–26. (in Chinese)Google Scholar