Working mechanism of two-direction reinforced composite foundation
- 125 Downloads
Based on the discussion about working mechanism of horizontal reinforcement and that of vertical reinforcement, respectively, the working mechanism of two-direction reinforced composite foundation was studied. The enhancing effect of horizontal reinforcement on vertical reinforced composite foundation was analyzed. A simplified calculation method for such two-direction reinforced working system was presented. A model experiment was carried out to validate the proposed method. In the experiment, geocell reinforcement worked as the horizontal reinforcement, while gravel pile composite foundation worked as the vertical reinforcement. The results show that the calculated curve is close to the measured one. The installation of geosynthetic reinforcement can increase the bearing capacity of composite foundation by nearly 68% at normal foundation settlement, which suggests that the enhancing effect by geosynthetic reinforcement should be taken into account in current design/analysis methods.
Key wordscomposite foundation two-direction reinforcement working mechanism bearing capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ZHAO Ming-hua, LIU Yu, CAO Wen-gui. The developing regularity and forecasting of settlement in soft clay roadbed[J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology: National Science, 2004, 35(1): 157–161. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Yu-feng, HU Rui-ning. The formation and counterneasures to subgrade uneven sedimentation[J]. Journal of Chongqing Jiaotong University, 2006, 25(S1): 85–88.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Hong-you, LI Bin. Application of the geosynthetic-reinforced and pile-supported earth platform in Tan-Shao freeway[J]. Central South Highway Engineering, 2002, 27(1): 40–41, 44. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JIANG Peng-fei, CHEN Chang-fu, ZHAO Ming-hua, et al. Application and research on geocell and gravel pile composite foundation in soft ground treatment in express-way[J]. Highway, 2006, 42(4): 135–139. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HAN J, AKINS K. Case studies of geogrid-reinforced and pile-supported earth structures on weak foundation soils[C]// O’Neill and Towsend, Proceedings of International Deep Foundation Congress, Orlando, ASCE, 2002: 668–679.Google Scholar
- CHEN Yan-ping, ZHAO Ming-hua, CHEN Chang-fu, et al. Similarity model test of geocell reinforced gravel mattress and gravel pile composite foundation[J]. China Journal of Highway and Transport, 2006, 19(1): 17–22. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CAO Xin-wen, QING San-hui, ZHOU Li-xin. Experimental study on reinforcement effect of geogrid on composite foundation with dry jet mixing piles[J]. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, 2006, 25(S1): 3162–3167.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Li, FU Jian-feng. The reinforcement mechanism and status in application and study of geocell[J]. Shanxi Science and Technology of Communications, 2003, 31(S1): 63–65. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- GONG Xiao-nan. Design of Composite Foundation and Construction Guide[M]. Beijing: People Traffic Press, 2003: 106–108.(in Chinese)Google Scholar