Analytical method of load-transfer of single pile under expansive soil swelling
- 209 Downloads
The elastic differential equations of load-transfer of single pile either with applied loads on pile-top or only under the soil swelling were established, respectively, based on the theory of pile-soil interaction and the shear-deformation method. The derivation of analytic solution to load-transfer for single pile in expansive soil could hereby be obtained by means of superposition principle under expansive soils swelling. The comparison of two engineering examples was made to prove the credibility of the suggested method. The analyzed results show that this analytic solution can achieve high precision with few parameters required, indicating its’ simplicity and practicability in engineering application. The employed method can contribute to determining the greatest tension along pile shaft resulting from expansive soils swelling and provide reliable bases for engineering design. The method can be employed to obtain various distributive curves of axial force, settlements and skin friction along the pile shaft with the changes of active depth, vertical movements of the surface and loads of pile-top.
Key wordsexpansive soil pile shear-deformation method load transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- POULOS H G, DAVIS E H. Pile Foundation Analysis and Design[M]. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1980.Google Scholar
- GAO Zhong, XIONG Zhong-ming. Study on the swelling shear of the calculation of piles in swelling soil[J]. Journal Xi’an University of Archstecture and Technology: Natural Science, 2003, 35(4): 412–415. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIAO Hong-bin, ZHONG Hui-hong, WANG Yong-he. Analysis of pile’s load transfer in layered soils[J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology: Natural Science, 2003, 34(6): 687–690. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIAO Hong-bin. Theoretical and application research on load transfer of vertically loading large diameter piles[D]. Changsha: School of Civil and Architectural Engineering, Central South University, 2005. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- TU Yu-min, YU Hong-liang. Nonlinear analysis of negative pile[J]. China Journal of Highway and Transport, 2001, 14(1): 31–34. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIAO Hong-bin, ZHONG Hui-hong, ZHANG Yi-jing, et al. Numerical iteration method for determining load-settlement relationship of a single pile[J]. Rock and Soil Mechanics, 2002, 23(10): 592–596. (in Chinese)Google Scholar