Dynamics of vertical pipe in deep-ocean mining system
- 128 Downloads
A 3-D geometrical nonlinear model for the entire lift system of 1000-m sea trial system of China Ocean Mineral Resources R&D Association was established with finite element method. The model was utilized to analyze the dynamic characteristics of the vertical pipe under the influence of moving velocity, current direction and wave. The simulation results show that the axial stress is dominant on the vertical pipe, its maximum is located at the pipe top, all stresses are much less than the allowable value of the vertical pipe and joint; the heave motion leads to violent fluctuation of the force and stress, but a period of 8 s is not likely to resonate the present pipe; against the current, 0.50 m/s is the suggested moving velocity of the ship and miner, while along the current, the moving velocity can be slightly higher than 0.75 m/s.
Keywordsdeep-ocean mining dynamics vertical pipe finite element method geometrical nonlinearity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LING Sheng, XIAO Lin-jing, SHEN Yan-hua, et al. A study of the factors influencing the kinematic condition and dynamic characteristics of deep seabed mining systems[J]. Engineering Science, 2002, 4(3): 78–83 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Shao-jun, WANG Gang, LI Li, et al. Virtual reality research of ocean poly-metallic nodule mining based on COMRA’s mining system[C]// Proceedings of the 5th Ocean Mining Symposium. Tsukuba: ISOPE, 2003: 104–111.Google Scholar
- CHUNG J S, CHENG B R, HUTTELMAIER H P. Three-dimensional coupled responses of a vertical deep-ocean pipe: part I. Excitation at pipe ends and external torsion[J]. Int J Offshore & Polar Eng, ISOPE, 1994, 4(4): 320–330.Google Scholar
- CHUNG J S, CHENG B R, HUTTELMAIER H P. Three-dimensional coupled responses of a vertical deep-ocean pipe: part II. excitation at pipe top and external torsion[J]. Int J Offshore & Polar Eng, ISOPE, 1994, 4(4): 331–339.Google Scholar
- GUO Xiao-gang. Nonlinear dynamic modeling of the fluid-solid-coupled flexible pipe systems for deep sea mining[J]. Engineering Mechanics, 2000, 17(3): 93–104.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- JIAN Qu, HE Yong-sen, WANG Ming-he, et al. Numerical study of dynamic behavior of flexible pipes in deep sea mining[J]. Ocean Engineering, 2001, 19(2): 59–64. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Yan, LIU Shao-jun. Three-dimensional DEM model for deep-Ocean mining pipe system[C]// Proceedings of the 6th Ocean Mining Symposium. Changsha: ISOPE, 2005: 88–93.Google Scholar
- HONG S, KIM H W, CHOI J S. A new method using Euler parameters for 3D nonlinear analysis of marine risers/pipelines[C]// Proceedings of the 5th Ocean Mining Symposium. Tsukuba: ISOPE, 2003: 83–90.Google Scholar
- ZHU Ke-qiang, LI Wei-yang. Dynamic stability of riser pipeline under the excitation of ocean waves and currents[J]. Journal of East China Ship Building Institute, 1997, 11(1): 1–8.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XU Hai-liang, HE Qing-hua. Analysis on the resistance to motion in the ocean mining transportation system[J]. Mining and Metallurgical Engineer, 2004, 24(5): 9–15.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YI Qi-le, SHENG Qing-wu, YANG Xian-cheng. Experimental study on fluid dynamic coefficients of circular cylinders with small tubes in oscillating flow[J]. Ship Building of China, 2001, 42(2): 19–25.(in Chinese)Google Scholar