ACS algorithm-based adaptive fuzzy PID controller and its application to CIP-I intelligent leg
- 59 Downloads
Based on the ant colony system (ACS) algorithm and fuzzy logic control, a new design method for optimal fuzzy PID controller was proposed. In this method, the ACS algorithm was used to optimize the input/output scaling factors of fuzzy PID controller to generate the optimal fuzzy control rules and optimal real-time control action on a given controlled object. The designed controller, called the Fuzzy-ACS PID controller, was used to control the CIP-I intelligent leg. The simulation experiments demonstrate that this controller has good control performance. Compared with other three optimal PID controllers designed respectively by using the differential evolution algorithm, the real-coded genetic algorithm, and the simulated annealing, it was verified that the Fuzzy-ACS PID controller has better control performance. Furthermore, the simulation results also verify that the proposed ACS algorithm has quick convergence speed, small solution variation, good dynamic convergence behavior, and high computation efficiency in searching for the optimal input/output scaling factors.
Key wordsPID controller fuzzy control ACS algorithm optimal control input/output scaling factors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ZIEGLER J G, NICHOLS N B. Optimum settings for automatic controllers[J]. ASME Transactions, 1942(65): 423–444.Google Scholar
- HO W K, HANG C C, CAO L S. Tuning of PID controllers based on gain and phase margin in specifications[C]// GOODWIN G C, EVANS R J. The 12th IFAC World Congress. Sydney: IFAC, 1993: 267–270.Google Scholar
- KWOK D P, SHENG F. Genetic algorithm and simulated annealing for optimal robot arm PID control[C]// FOGEL D B. The First IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation. Orlando: IEEE, 1994: 707–713.Google Scholar
- SOUKKOU A, KHELLAF A, LEULMI S. Genetic training of a fuzzy PID[C]// GENTO A M. The International Conference on Modelling and Simulation (ICMS’04). Valladolid, Spain: AMSE, 2004: 185–186.Google Scholar
- XU Jing-wei, FENG Xin. Design of adaptive fuzzy PID tuner using optimization method[C]// The Fifth World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation. Hangzhou, China: Zhejiang University, IEEE Society of Robotics and Automation, 2004: 2454–2458. (in Chinese)Google Scholar