Simulation of type selection for 6-high cold tandem mill based on shape control ability
- 80 Downloads
A theoretical method for selecting strip rolling mill type that considered shape control ability was established using the figure alteration range that was worked by the alteration track of vector expressing strip’s cross section (crown) to express the shape control ability of rolling mill. With the mathematical models and simulation software that were developed by the authors’ own models, four types of mills were aimed, including HCM (6-high middle rolls shift type HC (high crown)-mill), HCMW (6-high middle rolls and work rolls shift type HC-mill), UCM (6-high middle rolls shift type HC-mill with middle roll bender) and UCMW (6-high middle rolls and work rolls shift type HC-mill with middle roll bender), and the shape and crown control ability of every mill type was analyzed and compared. An appropriate arrangement mode of tandem mill was brought forward. The results show that UCMW mill is a perfect choice for controlling shape and crown, and the area of control characteristics curve of UCMW (or UCM) is twice than that of HCM, but UCM mill is also a good choice for its simple frame. In other word, the shape and crown controlling ability of UCMW mill is better than that of UCM mill, but the frame of UCM mill is simpler than that of UCMW mill. As for the final type of mill, should be synthetically decided by thinking over fund and equipment technology.
Key words6-high mill mill type selection shape control crown simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BALD W. Continuously variable crown (CVC) rolling[J]. Iron and Steel Eng, 1987 (3): 32–41.Google Scholar
- CHEN Jie, ZHONG Jue. Analytic model of loaded gap for CVC 4-high rolling mill[J]. Heavy Machinery, 1998(6): 42–44. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- DONALD I R, SPOONER P D. The effects on strip quality due to rolling mill design[J]. Foreign Steel and Iron, 1989(3): 1–5. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- RONNIE H. Experience Gained on the 5-stand cold rolling mill at SSAB with a 6-high stand using CVC technology[J]. MPT, 1990(1): 58–66.Google Scholar
- WANG Wei. Theories and their Applications on Mill Types Selection and Parameters Optimization of Rolls System for Cold Strip Mill[D]. Qinhuangdao: Yanshan University, 1999: 13–19. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WANG Guo-dong. Shape Control and Shape Theory[M]. Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1986. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- QI Xiang-dong. Study on Pass Schedule and Mill Types Selection for New Plate and Strip Mill in Baosteel[D]. Qinhuangdao: Yanshan University, 2002. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- PENG Yan, LIU Hong-min. A neural network recognition method of shape pattern[J]. Journal of Iron and Steel Research (International), 2001, 8(1): 16–20.Google Scholar
- PENG Yan, LIU Hong-min, ZHANG Shou-gang, et al. Shape and profile control strategy for HC mill[J]. Iron and Steel, 2002, 37(4): 35–38.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- PENG Yan, LIU Hong-min, HU Jian-ping, et al. Software for flatness analysis and presetting control of cold strip rolling and application[J]. Iron and Steel, 2003, 38(2): 34–37. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- PENG Yan. Theoretical Studies and Engineering Application of Shape Preset Control for HC Cold Mill Based on Strip Element Method[D]. Qinhuangdao: Yanshan University, 2000.(in Chinese)Google Scholar