Two-stage scheduling algorithm based on priority table for clusters with inaccurate system parameters
- 22 Downloads
A new two-stage soft real-time scheduling algorithm based on priority table was proposed for task dispatch and selection in cluster systems with inaccurate parameters. The inaccurate characteristics of the system were modeled through probability analysis. By taking into account the multiple important system parameters, including task deadline, priority, session integrity and memory access locality, the algorithm is expected to achieve high quality of service. Lots of simulation results collected under different load conditions demonstrate that the algorithm can not only effectively overcome the inaccuracy of the system state, but also optimize the task rejected ratio, value realized ratio, differentiated service guaranteed ratio, and session integrity ensured ratio with the average improvement of 3.5%, 5.8%, 7.6% and 5.5%, respectively. Compared with many existing schemes that cannot deal with the inaccurate parameters of the system, the proposed scheme can achieve the best system performance by carefully adjusting scheduling probability. The algorithm is expected to be promising in systems with soft real-time scheduling requirement such as E-commerce applications.
Key wordstask scheduling priority table inaccurate information quality of service(QoS)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- SHANG Zhi-guang, LIN Chuang, XIAO Ren-yi, et al. Web quality of service: a survey[J]. Chinese Journal of Computers, 2004, 27(2): 145–156. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Di-shuo, ZHENG wei-min, WANG Ding-xing, et al. Research on request dispatching algorithm for web server clusters[J]. Journal of Software, 1999, 10(7): 713–718. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhu H, Smith B, Yang T. Scheduling optimization for resource-intensive web requests on server clusters [C]// ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures. Saint-Malo: ACM Press, 1999: 13–22.Google Scholar
- HUAN Jin-gui, CHEN Jian-er, CHEN Song-qiao. Parallel-job scheduling on cluster computing systems [J]. Chinese Journal of Computers, 2004, 27(6): 765–771. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Jensen E D, Locke C D, Toduda H. A time-driven scheduling model for real-time operating systems[C]// Proceeding of the 6th IEEE Real-time Systems Symp. San Diego: IEEE Computer Society Press, 1985: 112–122.Google Scholar