Removal of Pb2+ and Cd2+ by adsorption on clay-solidified grouting curtain for waste landfills
- 93 Downloads
Pb2+ and Cd2+ in leachate were adsorbed on clay-solidified grouting curtain for waste landfills with equilibrium experiment. The cation exchange capacity was determined with ammonium acetate. And the concentration of heavy metal cations in leachate was determined with atomic absorption spectrophotometer. Their equilibrium isotherms were measured, and the experimental isotherm data were analyzed by using Freundlich and Langmuir models. The results show that the adsorption capacities of the heavy metal cations are closely related to the compositions of clay-solidified grouting curtain, and the maximum adsorption appears at the ratio of cement to clay of 2:4 in the experimental conditions. At their maximum adsorption and pH 5.0, the adsorption capacities of Pb2+ and Cd2+ are 16.19 mg/g and 1.21 mg/g. The competitive adsorption coefficients indicate that the adsorption of clay-solidified grouting curtain for Pb2+ is stronger than that for Cd2+. The adsorption process conforms to Freundlich’s model with related coefficient higher than 0.996.
Key wordsadsorption clay-solidified grouting curtain Pb2+ Cd2+ Freundlich model leachate treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- KANG Yu, LU An-huai, ZHOU Ping, et al. Adsorption results and discussion of organic pollutant with natural clay in Peking Liulitun waste landfill[J]. China Non-metallic Mining Industry Herald, 2003, 32(2):42–44. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHEN Yong-gui, ZHANG Ke-neng, WEI Zhong-chao, et al. Application of swing jet-grouting and clay-solidified grouting on the treatment of seepage [J]. Construction Technique, 2003, 32(1): 41–43. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHANG Ke-neng, ZOU Yin-sheng, WANG Yi-sun. Experiment and application of clay-cement slurry in grouting curtain of rubbish-buried site[J]. Journal of Hunan University: Natural Science, 1999, 26(5): 76–80. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHANG Ke-neng, TIAN Qin-yu, DENG Fei-yue, et al. Retardation capability of clay-solidified grouting curtain by column test[J]. Journal of Central South University: Science and Technology, 2004, 35(3): 73–77. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Arnould M, Schroeder P R, Myers T E. Predictive hydrologic model for contaminant leaching and liner effectiveness at dredged material confined disposal facilities [C] // Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Dredging and Dredged Material Placement. Orlando: ASCE, 1994: 1507–1516.Google Scholar
- LIU Ji-fang, CAO Cui-hua, JIANG Yi-chao, et al. Pilot study on competitive adsorption dynamics of heavy metal ions in soils[J]. Soils and Fertilizers, 2000(2): 30–34. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WANG Xin-wei, LI Chao-sheng. Competitive adsorption on exotic heavy metals ions in sediments of Yellow River[J]. Journal of Agro-Environment Science, 2003, 22(6): 693–696. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Proskurnin M A, Kononets M Y, Proskurnina E V, et al. The use of thermal lensing and electron-probe microanalysis for investigation of adsorption on glass surfaces[J]. Analytical Sciences, 2001, 17(Suppl): 303–306.Google Scholar