Application of thermal electrochemical equation to metal-hydride half-cell system
Application of thermal electrochemical equation to metal-hydride half-cell system was investigated, and the influence of state of charge on the thermal electrochemical performance of hydrogen storage materials was studied. The results show that both the absolute value of the molar enthalpy change and the internal resistance of evolution hydrogen reaction are less than that of absorption hydrogen reaction at the same state of charge. The molar reaction enthalpy change of absorption and evolution of hydride electrode change contrarily with the enhancement of filling degree of hydrogen in hydride electrode. The relation curve of molar reaction enthalpy change to state of charge, both absorption and evolution hydrogen reaction, is close to a constant when the state of charge is 10%–60%, and during state of charge below 10% or state of charge above 60%, the molar reaction enthalpy change varies sharply. Meanwhile, the internal resistance of electrode reaction has an ascending trend with the enhancement on filling degree of hydrogen in hydride electrode in both absorption and evolution hydrogen reaction.
Key wordshydrogen storage material thermal electrochemical method state of charge application change of enthalpy internal resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hong C M, Lin Q Z, Han D G, et al. The kinetics of absorbing hydrogen of LaNi5 hydrogen storage alloy[J]. Transaction of Physical Chemistry, 1992, 8(5): 586–594.Google Scholar
- Zhou Z X, He C H, Wang Z P, et al. The thermodynamics function of rare hydrogen storage alloy determined by electrochemical method[J]. Transaction of Physical Chemistry, 1992, 8(4): 558–562.Google Scholar
- Ralph E, White T. Electrochemical impedance spectra and deterioration mechanism of metal hydride electrodes[J]. J Electrochem Soc, 1992, 133 (7): 172–183.Google Scholar
- LIU Kai-yu, ZHANG Ping-min, TANG You-gen, et al. The effects of two-step heat treatment on properties of hydrogen storage alloys electrode[J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology: Science and Technology, 2003, 34(1): 44–48. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XU Guang-xian. Rare earth(2nd ed) [M]. Beijing: Metallurgyical Industry Press, 1995. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fang Z, Zhang H Z, Zhang P M, et al. Basic equations for thermo-electro-chemistry and the entropy change of the standard hydrogen electrode reaction[J]. Acta Metallurgical Sinica, 1996, 9(3): 189–191.Google Scholar
- LIU Kai-yu, ZHANG Ping-min, TANG You-gen. Preparation of low cobalt high rate discharge hydrogen storage alloy MlNi3.85Co0.45Mn0.4Al0.3X0.1(X = Mg,Si,Sn)[J]. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 2003, 13(2): 245–248.Google Scholar
- LIU Kai-yu. Study on preparation of dynmaical type hydrogen storage alloy and assessment of thermal electrochemistry[D]. Changsha: School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, 2003. (in Chinese)Google Scholar