Synthesis, characterization and bioactivity evaluation of diallyl disulfide
- 243 Downloads
Diallyl disulfide was synthesized by phase transfer catalyst (PTC) during microwave irradiation. The effects of different factors, such as the power of microwave irradiation, the time of microwave irradiation, PTC reagents amount and the mole ratio of reactants, on the yield of product were investigated. The structure of diallyl disulfide was characterized by infrared spectra, mass spectra and 1H nuclear magnetic resonance. The bioactivity of diallyl disulfide was evaluated by cell viability assay on HepG2 hepatoma cells. The results show that the optimal reaction conditions are as follows: tetrabutylammonium bromide (TBAB) selected as a PTC, the mass ratio of TBAB to sodium disulfide of 0.021:1, the power of irradiation of 195 W, the reaction time of 12 min, and the mole ratio of sodium disulfide to allyl chloride of 0.65:1. The yield of diallyl disulfide is 82.2%. The synthetical diallyl disulfide appears to be cytotoxic to HepG2 hepatoma cells in a dose-dependent manner.
Key wordsdiallyl disulfide microwave irradiation phase transfer catalyst bioactivity
CLC numberTQ463+. 27
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hong Y S, Ham Y A, Choi J H, et al. Effects of allyl sulfur compounds and garlic extract cell the expression of Bcl-2, Bax, and p53 in non small cell lung cancer lines[J]. Exp Mol Med, 2000, 32(3): 127–134.Google Scholar
- Smoll D, Bailey J, Cavallito C J. Alkyl thiolsulfinates [J]. Journal of American College of Health, 1947, 69: 1711–1712.Google Scholar
- Challenger F, Greenwood D. Sulphur compounds of the genus allium[J]. Biochemical Journal, 1949, 44: 90–91.Google Scholar
- Paolo M. Process for preparing aromatic methylenedioxy compounds: US, 4183861[P]. 1980-01-15.Google Scholar
- XING Qi-yi, XU Rui-qiu, ZHOU Zheng. Base organic chemistry [M]. Beijing: Higher Education Press, 1983. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- FANG Ru-lin, XU Chuan-ning. Phase transfer catalysis in organic chemistry[M]. Shanghai: Shanghai Scientific and Technical Publishers, 1982. (in Chinese)Google Scholar