Influences of seed size and number on agglomeration in synthetic bayer liquors
- 67 Downloads
By means of Malvern laser particle size analyzer and scanning electron microscopy, the influences of seed size and number on agglomeration in Bayer process were investigated. Agglomeration is almost finished in 8 h, seeds, below 5 µm, especially below 2 µm, gather together rapidly and almost disappear in 8 h. In the same supersaturation of aluminate solution and seed size, the smaller the number of seed is, the bigger the degree of agglomeration is. With the same primary number of seed, the agglomeration of larger seed is superior to that of small seed, and the agglomeration does not happen among the coarse seeds. The agglomeration mainly happens among fine particles, and the combinations among the fine particles are unconsolidated.
Key wordsbayer process seeded precipitation screen separation agglomeration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Chang-qing, ZHANG Ping-min, CHEN Qi-yuan, et al. Mathematic models of the seed precipitation process of sodium aluminate solution[J]. JOM, 2004, 56(11): 333–335.Google Scholar
- XIE Yan-li, ZHAO Qun, BI Shi-wen, et al. Effect of temperature on the agglomeration of hydrate [C] // Light Metals. Warrendale: Minerals, Metals & Materials Society(TMS), 2003: 61–64.Google Scholar
- Addai-Mensah J, LI Jun, Prestidge C A. aggregation behaviour of gibbsite crystals in supersaturated sodium and potassium aluminate liquors[J]. Developments in Chemical Engineering and Mineral Processing, 2002, 10(5–6): 539–551.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Jiang-feng, YIN Zhou-lan, CHEN Qi-yuan. Influence of the process conditions on agglomeration during the seeded precipitation of sodium aluminate solution[C] // Light Metals. Warrendale: Minerals, Metals & Materials Society(TMS), 2005: 215–217.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Jiang-feng, YIN Zhou-lan, CHEN Qi-yuan. Study of agglomeration during the precipitation of sodium aluminate solution[J]. JOM, 2004, 56(11): 282–284.Google Scholar
- Sakamoto K, Kanahara M, Matsushita K. Agglomeration of crystalline particles of gibbsite during the precipitation in sodium aluminate solution[C] // Light Metals. Warrendale: Metallurgical Society of AIME, 1976: 149–162.Google Scholar
- Steemson M L, White E T, Marshall R J. Mathmatical model for the precipitation section of a Bayer plant [C]// Light Metals. Warrendale: Metallurgical Society of AIME, 1984: 237–253.Google Scholar