Kinetics of Zn cathodic deposition in alkaline zincate solution
- 58 Downloads
Kinetic parameters of the electrode reactions were measured by investigating steady-state current-potential behaviors. The Tafel slopes of cathodic and anodic processes are −0.113 8 V and −0.041 18 V, the anodic and cathodic apparent transfer coefficients are 0.519 3 and 1.435 2, respectively, and the stoichiometric number of rate-determining step is 1. The theoretical kinetics equation of electrode reaction was deduced, from which the dynamic parameters can be calculated as follows: the cathodic and anodic Tafel slopes are −0.118 V and −0.039 4 V, respectively, consisting with the experimental values. Finally, the correctness of the mechanism was further demonstrated using apparent transfer coefficient according to the electrochemical dynamic equation of multi-electron reaction.
Key wordsalkaline zincate Zn cathodic deposition kinetics apparent transfer coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WANG Yun-yan. Study on the techniques and foundational theories of Zn-Fe alloy electrodeposition and Zn-Fe-TiO2 composite electrodeposition[D]. Changsha: School of Metallurgical Science and Engineering, Central South University, 2002.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- TIAN Zhao-wu. Study methods of electrochemistry[M]. Beijing: Science Press, 1984. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Barder A J, Fuknal L R. Principle and application of electrochemical methods[M]. GU Lin-ying, LU Ming-xiang, SONG Shi-zhe, et al, translate. Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 1986.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- GONG Zhu-qing. Introduction to theoretical electrochemistry[M]. Changsha: Central South University of Technology Press, 1997. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CAO Chu-nan. Corrosion electrochemistry principle[M]. Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 1985.(in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHA Quan-xing. Introduction to kinetics of electrode process [M]. 2nd ed. Beijing: Science Press, 1987. (in Chinese)Google Scholar