Subtle traps prediction using sequence stratigraphy and 3D seismic technology: A case study from Qikou depression in Huanghua basin
- 112 Downloads
Forecasting subtle traps by sequence stratigraphy and 3D seismic data is a sensitive topic in hydrocarbon exploration. Research on subtle traps by geophysical data is the most popular and difficult. Based on the sufficiently drilling data, log data, core data and 3D seismic data, sediment sequence of Qikou depression, Huanghua basin was partitioned by using sequence stratigraphy theory. Each sediment sequence system mode was built. Sediment faces of subtle traps were pointed out. Dominating factors forming subtle traps were analyzed. Sandstone seismic rock physics and its response were studied in Tertiary System. Sandstone geophysical response and elastic modulus vary laws with pressure, temperature, porosity, depth were built. Experimental result and practice shows that it is possible using seismic information forecasting subtle traps. Integrated using geology, log, drilling data, special seismic processing technique, interpretation technique, high precision horizon calibration technique, 3D seismic visualizing interpretation, seismic coherence analysis, attribute analysis, logging-constrained inversion, time frequency analysis, subtle traps object is identified and interpreted. Finally, advantage object of subtle trap in this area was determined. Bottomland sand stratigraphic and lithologic reservoirs in Qinan slope zone have been founded by means of high resolution 3D seismic data field technique, high resolution 3D seismic data processing technique and seismic wave impedence inversion technique.
Key wordsHuanghua basin sequence stratigraphy subtle trap seismic exploration 3D seismic ultrasonic wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Halbouty M T. Geology of giant petroleum fields [A]. AAPG Memoir [C]. Tulsa: AAPG, 1970, 575.Google Scholar
- Halbouty M T. Giant oil and gas fields of the decade 1968–1978 [A]. AAPG Memoir 30 [C]. Tulsa: AAPG, 1980. 596.Google Scholar
- Halbouty M T. The deliberate search for the subtle trap [A]. AAPG Memoir 32 [C]. Tulsa: AAPG, 1982. 351.Google Scholar
- Halbouty M T. Giant oil and gas fields of the decade 1978–1988 [A]. AAPG Program Abstracts, AAPG Stavanger Conference [C]. Stavanger: AAPG, 1990. 350–355.Google Scholar
- MAO Ning-bo, FAN Zhe-qing, LI Yu-hai, et al. A study of beach and bar sands subtle reservoirs in western slope of Qinan sag [J]. Oil & Gas Geology, 2004, 25(4): 455–461. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- MAO Ning-bo, DAI Ta-gen, PENG Sheng-lin. Identification technologies of stratigraphic and lithologic traps in continental basin and its application [J]. Journal of Central South University(Science and Technology), 2004, 35(S1): 8–13.Google Scholar
- Bally A W. Atlas of seismic stratigraphy [A]. AAPG Studies in Geology 27 Vol. 1 [C]. Tulsa: AAPG, 1987. 124.Google Scholar
- MAO Ning-bo, ZHOU Li-hong, DAI Ta-gen, et al. Sand rock elastic wave experiment and its response characteristic analyze [J]. Journal of Central South University (Natural Science), 2003, 32(S2): 4–6.Google Scholar