Laboratory study of property-modified prebaked carbon anode and application in large aluminum electrolysis cells
- 73 Downloads
A kind of complex additive mainly containing Al, Mg, F, and O was prepared. The synthetical performances of the property-modified prebaked anodes containing additives were tested in laboratory. On the basis of ideal testing results obtained, a large number of industrial prebaked property-modified anodes are prepared in a large-scale aluminum company. Further more, they are all used in 160 kA prebaked anode aluminum electrolysis cells. The statistic result show that, compared with common anodes, the property-modified ones enhance current efficiency by 0.78%, reduce energy consumption by 106.1 kW·h per ton aluminum and reduce carbon consumption by 11.6 kg per ton aluminum averagely.
Key wordsaluminum electrolysis property-modified anodes laboratory study industrial application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- YIN En-sheng, LIU Yong-gang, XI Can-min, et al. Developing the GP-320 cell technology in China[A]. New O. Light Metals [C]. Warrendale Pa: TMS, 2001. 213–218.Google Scholar
- Vanvoren C, Homsi P, Basquin J L, et al. AP 50: The pechiney 500 kA cell[A]. New O. Light Metals [C]. Warrendale Pa: TMS, 2001. 221–226.Google Scholar
- Hardin E E, Ellis P J, Beilharz C L, et al. A comprehensive review of the effects of calcination at various temperatures on coke structure and properties-Part II [A]. Mannweilev U. Light Metals[C]. Warrendale Pa: TMS, 1994. 571–581.Google Scholar
- Coste B, Schneider J P. Influence of coke real density on anode reactivity consequence on anode baking[A]. Light Metals[C]. Warrendale Pa: TMS, 1994. 583–591.Google Scholar
- Olsen E, Thonstad J. The behavior of mickel ferrite cermet materials as inert anodes[A]. Hale W. Light Metals[C]. Warrendale, Pa: TMS, 1996. 369–376.Google Scholar
- LIU Ye-xiang, LIU Xi-hang, WANG Hua-zhang, et al. Anode Paste and Directions of Producing[P]. Chinese Patent, 88104290.Google Scholar
- Yang J H, Liu Y X, Thonstad J, et al. On electrocatalysis of doped carbon anodes in aluminium electrolysis, Part I [J]. Aluminium, 1998(6): 720–725.Google Scholar
- Yang J H, Liu Y X, Thonstad J, et al. On electrocatalysis of doped carbon anodes in aluminium electrolysis, Part II [J]. Aluminium, 1998(7): 537–541.Google Scholar
- YANG Jiang-hong, LIU Ye-xiang. Factors affecting anodic overpotential of carbon anodes in cryoltic-alumina melts[J]. Aluminum Transactions, 1999, 1(1): 537–541.Google Scholar
- XIAO Jin, YANG Jian-hong, LIU Ye-xiang, et al. Preperation of dopping carbon anode with mechanical method[J]. Journal of Central South University of Technology, 1998, 29(4): 341–343. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HUANG Hua. The contrast and study of detecting method to CO2 reaction rate[J]. Light Metals, 1999 (3): 46–50. (in Chinese)Google Scholar