A modified method for evaluation of materials containing volatile corrosion inhibitor
- 83 Downloads
A systematic research on a modified method that was developed to evaluate the effectiveness of volatile corrosion inhibitor(VCI) materials was carried out. The metal specimen in size of 50 mm × 25 mm × 2 mm was level mounted on the top of a beaker by transparent adhesive tape and the assembly was placed in a constant temperature water bath and kept at approximately 40 °C to accelerate the vaporization of VCI and distilled water, which was placed at the bottom of the beaker at the same time. The experimental results show that the reproducibility of rust appearance and corrosion rate calculated by specimen’s mass loss is perfect. The outstanding characteristic of the rust appearance based on different VCI formula is discovered that is very important in studying the mechanism of VCI and the synergism of chemical reagent. The accelerated ratio is increased greatly as compared with the traditional method and the value is approximately 15 as compared with Shijiazhuang atmospheric environment corrosion test. The modified method is suitable for formula screening test and quick effectiveness evaluation of VCI materials.
Key wordsvolatile corrosion inhibitor effectiveness evaluation rust appearance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ZHANG Qiu-yu, ZHANG Jun-ping, YAN Hong-xia. Advance of vapor corrosion inhibitors [J]. Chemical Industry and Engineering Progress, 2002, 21(9): 639–643. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- WENG Yong-ji. Vapour phase corrosion inhibitors for preservation of metallic equipments and installations on offshore platforms [J]. Oilifield Chemistry, 2001, 12(4): 367–371. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CHU Yi-ming, DI Jing, MA Jie, et al. Studies on the effect of some molecular to the inhibition of carbon steel by using electrochemical methods[J]. Journal of Capital Normal University, 1998, 19(4): 51–55. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YANG Xiao-ping, JIANG Kai-lan, HE Ze-yuan, et al. Development and application of corrosion inhibitors CZ3-1 and CZ3-3[J]. Journal of Xi’an Petroleum Institute(Natural Science), 1999, 14(1): 44–47. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Jaeger P, Garfias-Mesias L F, Buchler M. Fourpoint probe technique to measure the efficacy of a VCI [J]. Mater Perform, 2001, 40(2): 54–58.Google Scholar
- ZHAO Yong-tao, GUO Xing-peng, DONG Ze-hua, et al. Rapid evaluating method of the corrosion on inhibitors in acidic solution based on the coulostatic technique [J]. Journal of Chinese Society for Corrosion and Protection, 2004, 24(2): 116–120. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- QIU Yin-yan, WANG Di-hua, GAN Fu-xing. Review on the application of quartz crystal microbalance in the research of metal corrosion[J]. Corrosion Science and Protection Technology, 2002, 14(1): 38–41. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Shu-kun, PENG Qiao, WANG Hai-chao. Temperature effect on inhibition efficiency of vapor phase inhibitor[J]. Materials Protection, 2002, 35(8): 12–13. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Shu-kun, PENG Qiao, WANG Hai-chao. Influence of position on the evaluation of VPI by weight loss method[J]. Total Corrosion Control, 2002, 16(4): 11–12. (in Chinese)Google Scholar