Microwave-assisted extraction of polysaccharides from solanum nigrum
- 227 Downloads
The microwave-assisted method was used to extract polysaccharides from solanum nigrum. The optimum experimental parameters, mechanism of the extraction and the effect of microwave-assisted extraction process on the structures of polysaccharides were investigated. The extract was analyzed by the modified phenol-sulfuric acid method at 490 nm. The optimum experimental parameters were obtained by orthogonal experiments as follows: extraction time 15 min, microwave radiation power 455 W and the process ratio of materials mass to solvent volume 1:20. The results show that compared with the conventional reflux extraction, the microwave-assisted extraction has a higher yield in shorter time, with no effect on the finally obtained polysaccharides as seen from the FT-IR spectra. The scanning electron microscopy images reveal that the mechanism of the extraction is related to the structural changes of the plant cells in different extracting conditions.
Key wordssolanum nigrum polysaccharides structure microwave-assisted extraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LU Cui-xia, LI Xiu-rong. The general study of clinic and experiment on the treatment on hepatic cellular carcinoma in middle or advanced stage with Chinese heat-clearing and detoxifying herb [J]. Journal of Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1999, 23(3): 224–227. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- DING Guo-dong, YANG Guang-wen, ZHANG Xiao-jian. The evaluation on the clinical efficacy of the treatment on hepatic carcinoma in middle or advanced stage with Dongshen injection[J]. Study and Clinical Application on Tumor, 1999, 11(2): 123–124. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIAO Gui-wu, ZENG He-pin. Isolation, purification and identification of polysaccharides from black night-shade(solanum nigrum) (II) [J]. Chinese Traditional and Herbal Drugs, 2000, 31(3): 162–164. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIAO Gui-wu, SHEN-Lan, ZENG He-pin. The analysis of the water-soluble polysaccharides from solanum nigrum L[J]. Chinese Medicinal Materials, 1999, 22(8): 406–406. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- XIAO Gui-wu, ZENG He-pin. Isolation, purification and identification of polysaccharides from solanum nigrum L [J]. Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, 1998, 5(3): 157–160. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- MO Hai-hong, ZENG He-pin, XIAO Gui-wu. Study on water-soluble products from Solanum nigrum L. [J]. Journal of South China Normal University, 1995, 18(2): 41–42. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Ganzler K. A novel sample preparation method for chromatography[J]. Journal of Chromatography, 1986 (371): 299.Google Scholar
- Pare J R J, Signomin M, Lapointe J. Microwave-assisted natural products extraction[P]. US 5002784, 1991.Google Scholar
- Pare J R J, Gloucesters J. Microwave extraction of volatile oil and apparatus[P]. Europe 0485668 A1, 1992.Google Scholar