Forming regularity and relation between composition and property of B2O3-BaO-ZnO glass
- 35 Downloads
B2O3-BaO-ZnO glass was prepared by using conventional melt quenching technology. The forming regularity and the relationship between the composition and the property of B2O3- BaO - ZnO glass were investigated. The results show that the composition range for forming B2O3 - BaO -ZnO glass is very wide, but the content of B2O3 has a limit within mole fraction of 25%–75%. When the content of B2O3 is over the limit, the melt will be divided into two phases with different compositions and structures, whereas too low content of B2O3 will result in the crystallization of the melt during the cooling process. The thermal expansion coefficient, the transition temperature and the resistivity of the glass at room temperature are (5–10) × 10−6°C−1, 480–620 °C and (1.5–3.0)×1010 Θ · m, respectively.
Key wordsB2O3-BaO-ZnO glass glass forming range thermal expansion coefficient transition temperature resistivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIN Na, LU An-xian. Current research status of glass substrates for plasma display panels(PDP)[J]. Materials Review, 2004, 18(3): 44–46. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- QIAN Wei-zong, SUN Jian, ZHENG De-xiu. Recent advance of color plasma display panel[J]. Vacuum Electronics, 2002, 19(4): 18–22. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LI Zhen-mei, DONG Chuan-dai, FANG Hua-ling. PDP display technic and application[J]. Journal of Shandong Institute of Technology, 2002, 16(4): 10–13. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YU Xiang-yang, LU Zhong-xin, CHEN Wei, et al. Development of color picture tube and applied research of glass materials[J]. Glass and Enamel, 2001, 29(4): 36–40. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- BU Ren-an, WANG Wei-jiang, XU Wei-jun. Glass substrate for color plasma panels(PDP) [J]. Vacuum Electronics, 1999(1): 43–48. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Metcalfe B L, Donald I W. Development of a low temperature phosphate sealing glass [J]. Silicates Industries, 1991, 5: 99–105.Google Scholar
- Wang T H, James P F. Hermetic glass sealing of AlN packages for high temperature applications[A]. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on New Materials and their Application[C]. Warwick, UK: University of Warwick Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- Andrews A I. Porcelain enamels: the preparation, application, and properties of enamels (2nd Edn) [M]. Maryland: Garrard Champaign Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- Filmer B. Lead free glass for electric lamps[P]. European 603933, 1992-11-26.Google Scholar
- George L, Thomas, Edward L, et al. Glass Composition[P]. US 408694, 1978-08-05.Google Scholar