Microstructures and mechanical properties of Mg-Ce-Zn-Zr wrought alloy
- 128 Downloads
Microstructures and mechanical properties of Mg-2.0%Ce-0.7%Zn-0.7%Zr alloy were studied. The results of scanning electron microscopy show that Mg12Ce phase mainly distributes at the grain boundaries. The fine Mg12Ce phase can apparently elevate recrystallization temperature by preventing the grain boundary migration. No dynamic recrystallization occurs during the hot-extrusion. The mechanical properties of as extruded specimens are σb=278.5 MPa, δ=12.0%, while those of the specimens annealed at 250 °C for 100 h are σb=272.6 MPa, δ=11.3%, which indicate that the alloy has good mechanical properties at room temperature.
Key wordswrought magnesium alloy microstructure mechanical property hot-extrusion dynamic recrystallization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Matucha K H. Structure and Properties of Nonferrous Alloys[M]. Translator: DING Dao-yun. Beijing: Science Press, 1999. 108–118. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- GUO Xue-feng, WEI Jian-feng, ZHANG Zhong-ming. Review on magnesium alloys and super-high strength magnesium alloy[J]. Foundry Technology, 2002, 23(3): 133–136. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YU Kun, LI Wen-xian, LI Song-rui. The research and developments of wrought magnesium alloy [J]. Light Alloy Process Technology, 2001, 29(7): 6–9. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Polmear I J. Light Alloys[M]. Translator: CHEN Chang-qi, ZOU Yu. Beijing: Defence Industry Press. 1981. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LIU Ying, LI Yuan-yuan, ZHANG Wei-wen, et al. A review on the development and application of magnesium alloys[J]. Light Metal, 2002, (8): 56–61. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CUI Yue-xian, WANG Chang-li. Metal Fracture Analysis[M]. Harbin: Harbin Institute of Technology Press, 1998. (in Chinese)Google Scholar