Ultraviolet-visible spectral properties of nanometer zinc oxide colloidal solution
- 192 Downloads
Nanometer zinc oxide was prepared by solid phase reaction. And the ultraviolet-visible spectral properties of nanometer zinc oxide colloidal solution dispersed in both water and oil phases were studied. The results show that the absorbance of the colloidal solution to ultraviolet light increases with the decrease of wavelength and reaches about 2.5 at the wavelength of 200 nm. When the mass fraction of nanometer zinc oxide becomes lower, the transmittance of the colloidal solution to visible light gets higher, and it is much higher than that of normal zinc oxide under the same conditions, indicating that nanometer zinc oxide dispersed in both water and oil phases has high transmittance to visible light and good shield to ultraviolet light. Therefore it is suitable for the replacement of organic ultraviolet absorber and titanium dioxide in cosmetics.
Key wordsnanometer ZnO ultraviolet -visible spectrum colloidal solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Posner E G. Colloidal zinc oxide [P]. US Patent: 24359, 1995-09-14.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Zhen-kui. Properties and applications of ultrafine ZnO [J]. Inorganic Salt Industry (in Chinese), 1996, 5: 33–35.Google Scholar
- JI Yuang-ming. The preparation and application of nanometer zinc oxide [J]. Journal of Pingyuan University (in Chinese), 2001, 18(2): 66–67.Google Scholar
- LIU Chao-feng, HU Xing-fang, ZU Yong. Nanometer-sized zinc oxide prepared by using urea as precipitating agent [J]. Journal of inorganic Materials (in Chinese). 1999, 14(3): 391–396.Google Scholar
- XU Xiao-liang, SHI Chao-shu. Nano-size crystalline structured ZnO and its UV laser [J]. Progress in Physics (in Chinese), 2000, 20(4): 365–369.Google Scholar
- LU Shu-chen, SONG Guo-li, XIAO Zhi-yan, et al. Preparation of nanocrystals ZnO powder and study on its luminescence [J]. Chinese Journal of Luminescence (in Chinese), 2002, 23(3): 307–310.Google Scholar
- LIU Xue-ning, YANG Zhi-zhong. Preparation of surface modified nanostructuerd ZnO and study on the chacteristics of their photo — absorption behaviors [J]. Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica (in Chinese), 2000, 16(8): 746–748.Google Scholar
- ZHANG Yong-kong, LIU Jian-ben, YI Bao-hua, et al. Preparation of nanometer ZnO by solid phase reaction at room temperature [J]. Refine Chemical Engineering (in Chinese), 2000, 17(6): 343–344.Google Scholar
- Paul C H. Principles of colloid and surface chemistry [M]. New York: Mrcel Dekker Inc, 1977, 208–209.Google Scholar