Kinetics of schiff base on Escherichia coli by microcalorimetry
- 45 Downloads
The influence of four kinds of Schiff bases on a strain of Escherichia coli was studied by microcalorimetry. Differences in their capabilities of suppressing the metabolism of this bacterium were observed. The results show that the extent and duration of the inhibitory effect on the metabolism as judged from the multiplication rate constant, k, varies with different Schiff bases. The multiplication rate constant k, of Escherichia coli (in log phase) in the presence of Mo-salicylioaldehyde-thiadizole, Mo-piperonaldehyde-thiosemicarbazone and Mo-3-methoxy-salicylicaldehyde-thiadizole decreases with the increase of concentrations of compounds c, and the relationships between k and c, maximum heat production rate pm and c, peak time of growth curves tp and c are of linearity. For Mo-6-nitro-pieronalde-thiosemicarbazone, the multiplication rate constant is constant irrespective of variation in concentration. The sequence of antibiotic activity of Schiff base is: Mo-salicylioaldehyde-thiadizole>Mo-3-methoxy-salicylicaldehyde-thiadizole>Mo-piper-onaldehyde-thiosemicarbazone >6-nitro-pieronalde-thiosemicarbazone.
Key wordsEscherichia coli kinetics microcalorimetry multiplication rate constant Schiff base inhibitory ratio metabolism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ZHU Xin-de, LE Zhi-feng, WANG Fu-yi, et al. Synthesis and biological activity of Schiff base from 4-chlorobenzaldehyde and glycine [J]. J Central China Normal University(Nat Sci) (in Chinese), 1995,29(2): 202–205.Google Scholar
- LI Chong-jia, ZHANG Wen-tao, GAO Guo-lin, et al. A study on the Co(II) Schiff base complexes with carring O2 and N2 properties [J]. Acta Physico-Chimica (in Chinese), 1994,10(3):230–234.Google Scholar
- Alexandre G. S. Prado, Claudio Airodi. Effect of the pesticide 2,4-D on microbial activity of the soil monitored by microcalorimetry [J]. Thermochim Acta, 2000,(349):17–22.Google Scholar
- LI Yu, HU Xing-gen, LIN Rui-sen. The effects of environmental conditions on the growth of petroleum microbes by microcalorimetry [J]. Thermochim Acta, 2000,(359):95–101.Google Scholar
- LIU Yi, FENG Ying, XIE Chang-li, et al. Microcalorimetric study on the effect of D-Glucasamine Schiff base and its complex on bacteria [J]. J Wuhan Univ (in Chinese), 1995,41(4):434–438.Google Scholar
- FENG Ying, LIU Yi, XIE Chang-li, et al. Study on the comparative half inhibitory concentrations of Schiff base drugs effect on different bacteria [J]. Acta Physico-Chimica(in Chinese), 1996,12(3):229–234.Google Scholar