Extracting gold from pyrite roster cinder by ultra-fine-grinding and resin-in-pulp
The ultra-fine-grinding and resin-in-pulp with pH value of 10 are used to extract gold from pyrite roster cinder. During leaching process, aluminium oxide ball is used as stirring medium, hydrogen peroxide as leaching agent and sodium hexametaphosphate as grinding agent. With AM-2σ resin as absorber and sulfocarbamide as eluent, gold is recovered from cyanide pulp of pyrite roster cinder by resin-in-pulp. The effects of contact time, temperature and acidity etc. on the gold absorption are investigated by static methods and dynamic method respectively. The effects of flow rate of solution on dynamic adsorption and elution of gold are studied. The results show that AM-2σ resin has good adsorbability in cyanide solution, and gold can be easily eluated from the loaded resin with 0.1mol/L hydrochloric acid and 1mol/L sulfocabamide. The adsorption rate and the elution of gold exceed 98%. When leaching time is 2 h, mass ratio of liquid to solid 4:1, consumption of sodium cyanide 3 kg/t, concentration of hydrogen peroxide and sodium hexametaphosphate 0.05% respectively, adsorption time 30 min, temperature 10–30 °C, volume of resin 3 mL, ratio of eluent to resin (10–20):1, velocity of eluent 1.5 mL/min, the leaching rate of gold reaches 85%. Compared with traditional leaching technology, it can reduce leaching time, avoid complex filter process, decrease sodium cyanide consumption and increase leaching rate of gold by 35%.
Key wordsultra-fine-grinding resin-in-pulp cyanide leaching gold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LAI Shen-wei. Comments on process flow of Axi Gold Mine[J]. Gold(in Chinese), 1994, 15(7):34–38.Google Scholar
- WANG Lan-qi. Productive practice of resin-in-pulp process in Yinfang Gold Mine[J]. Hydrometallurgy (in Chinese), 1994(1):4–9.Google Scholar
- HUANG Yun-feng, WANG Wen-qian, QIAN Xing. Study on pretreatment of refractory ores by ultra-fine-grinding[J]. Gold(in Chinese), 1999,20(3):28–30.Google Scholar
- CHEN Wei. Study on hydrogen peroxide in cyanide leaching of gold[J]. Gold(in Chinese), 1997,18(8):35–37.Google Scholar
- JIANG Tao. Chemistry of extractive metallurgy of gold(in Chinese)[M]. Changsha: Hunan Science and Technology Press,1998. 14–20.Google Scholar