High efficiency dust scrubbers for continuous miner in underground mines
- 92 Downloads
Based on the experimental data by a full scale test model and the relevant existing achievements, four new concepts of group dust scrubbers were designed in the paper. The new dust scrubbers consist of two to four common dust separators in series: wet-fan, wet-Venturi and foam filter bed. Wetting and foaming agents are used to increase the efficiency of dust separation. High efficiency is not required for each part of the group dust scrubbers, but the whole system has a high working reliability. All parts of the group dust scrubbers have the most suitable separating efficiency for different size and concentration of dust particles in airflow, according to their technical features. Four group dust scrubbers have a high efficiency from 94.4% to 99.7% for separating respirable dust at a rational cost.
Key wordsgroup dust scrubber foaming agent wetting agent wet-fan scrubber wet-Venturi scrubber foam filter bed continuous miner underground mine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Licht W. Air pollution control engineering: basic calculations for particulate collection[M]. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc, 1980.Google Scholar
- Oguwa A. Separation of particles from air and gases (volume II)[M]. Florida: CRC Press Inc, 1984.Google Scholar
- Divers F E. Guideline for selecting dust separators for use in coal mines[J]. Information Circular, 1976, (8753): 37–47.Google Scholar
- Khan A S, Prud’homme K R. Foams: theory, measurements, and applications[M]. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc. 1996.Google Scholar
- Wu C, Chugh Y P. A comprehensive survey of chemical dust suppressants in the world over the past 15 years[C]. In: Progress in Safety Science and Technology (volume II). Li S C et al eds. Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 2000. 705–719.Google Scholar